SILVER INVESTORS: Take off your Tin Foil Hats!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Chicago_CTA, May 4, 2011.

1. Percentages are not your forte, obviously.

#41     May 5, 2011
  2. Hydroblunt, I'm not averse to your mad blunt smoking ways, but I respectfully disagree with you.

DO SOME RESEARCH ON CTAs.

Most have a margin-to-equity ratio for maybe 10-35%, TOPS! Sign up for BarclayHedge or Altegris...the latter is free.

You'll see what I mean.

Silver futures were up like $125,000 per contract from the start of the year...... They $5k to $10k increase in margin requirements, spread out over several days, was not responsible for the liquidation.

IF IT WAS......how would you explain crude oil's 10% drop on the back of NO margin hike?

Sorry, guys, but sometimes the answer is very simple & apparent.

:)

#42     May 5, 2011
  3. =================
    Mr O;
    Long story short;
    same reason they[our banker/exchanger friends] made houses in Nashville TN harder to buy[required more /larger down payment].

Actually its exactly that simple;
    if still not clear, talk to a real estate investor or appriaser about supply & demand........Simply fewor none posted an account statement;
    its speculation/ guessing who is long or short.

Or simply accept the fact exchanges or bankers MUCH prefer higher volume/comissions;
    but RESPECT RISK.[RR, repeat that /RR]

I think mr Bunker Hunt perhaps did not like margins raised also [suprise, suprise,LOL; but all trends tend to correct/counter-TREND;
    and silver MAY resume UP-trend again.What a cool name, Bunker Hunt. I like to hunt also.Not a prediction.

murray TT;
    respecting risk, as exchanges do, that like to stay in business....

#43     May 5, 2011
  4. Larson

Larson Guest

You are starting to sound as shrill and idiotic as some of the so-called "tin-foil" hatters you enjoy deriding. Who the hell are these tin-foil hatters anyway? If you would get your head out of your ass and do some research around the web, you would find some established long term traders have the same suspicions. The dollar rally is technical from an oversold condition.

#44     May 5, 2011
  5. Versus Silver's 30% drop? LOL What?

The correction was overdue but this is more than motivated by the margin hikes. And regardless, the physical market is barely reacting.

#45     May 5, 2011
  6. We do more research in a month than you probably do in a year.

MANY people, myself included, believe the banking cartel wish to suppress the prices of gold & silver, because a rising price undermines faith in fiat money.

HOWEVER, any "established long term trader" who has enjoyed ANY DEGREE OF SUCCESS, who believes silver has fallen NOT BECAUSE IT had resistance at $50 after a parabolic run-up, but because margins increased on a market that has daily ranges of $10,000-$25,000 is a F$CKING IDIOT!

The comex is not out to get you, fool.

They raised margins because the contract value became close to $250,000 and there are days now where silver will have a $3 - $5 movement.....$15,000 to $25,000.

They're protecting the marketplace and I support htem in that. Should've raised margins even higher.

To answer your question, friend: The tin foil hatters are out there..on this site...and also busy commenting on ZeroHedge and CNBC.com.

I'm not a mean guy...

But how much of a Dumb-ass must one be to blame COMEX for silver failing at $50? It was multi-year resistance! Disappointing if one wears a tin foil hat, but HARDLY a shocker!

#46     May 5, 2011

7. Silver eagles offered now at $38.....which is $3 over July Futures.

YOu're clearly an imbecile. The physical market is barely reacting?

It's moving in lockstep with futures! LOL

AMBROCE BIERCE in the Devil's Dictionary say a FANATIC IS...

A PERSON WHO WON'T CHANGE HIS MIND, AND CAN'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

You silver tin-foil hatters who think the banking cartel is out to get you are just plain FOOLISH.

Chicago CTA OUT!

:p

Happy Cinco de Mayo

#47     May 5, 2011
  8. Larson

Larson Guest

Like I said, do some research outside your sphere and see what some established traders have said, and I am not speaking about two-bit sites such as Zero-Hedge. You have an agenda pal, and that is obvious, despite whichever direction silver moves. I know bullshit when I hear it.

#48     May 5, 2011

9. Larson,
    please PM me with links if you have some good material. I'll return in kind.

I've already stated MULTIPLE times I'm a precious metals bull; but I'm also a career trader and understand Support/Resistance.

ANYONE ELSE...feel free to PM me as well. I hold no grudges & wish everyone here success, in whatever form it may be.

Chi.

#49     May 5, 2011
  10. Larson

Larson Guest

I sent you one. All the best.

#50     May 5, 2011