Silver ETF (SLV)

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by romik, Apr 28, 2006.

Do you think SLV is a sound invetment? (Poll As of October 13, 2009)

1. See u @ $5.00

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. See u @ $250.00

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. is this the same romik who had stated on ET that silver was going to $10 very soon ?

why the full 360 degree change in your opinion ?

or maybe both views could be had

a dip to under $10 and then "to the moon alice"?

#11     May 5, 2006
  2. problem for me in considering ETF's against the futures is the premium or discount they sometimes have ... makes it hard for me
    to figure out where to arb them

:p

#12     May 5, 2006
  3. if you chart the ratio sprd of say GLD to ZG, you can see that prem has been steadily increasing, in a very linear fashion over a year

either an inducement to get ppl out of the futures and into the etfs, or their costs of carry i guess are increasing with price and popularity

#13     May 5, 2006
  4. romik

romik

yes it's me, there is no change in opinion, I have always been bullish on silver, at the time considering the size of the short position it was a risky thing to do and "gamble" to the upside against it, now it is a different matter, things did change quite a bit since that post AND as you can see I have invested, not traded it. Imagine people like Ivanovich who know little of silver going Long then, I was simply trying to raise caution, that's all. All the best.

#14     May 5, 2006
  5. romik

romik

6. romik

romik

F... me, r u serious?

#16     May 14, 2006
  7. romik

romik

#17     May 18, 2006
  8. romik

romik

9. romik

romik

Looking at the chart, there is nothing really there that would suggest a reversal at this moment and time, CCI bullish divergence has failed earlier on, though I must admit that for traders bearish on silver, double top in RSI is clearly seen during mid/end of May, nice signal.

I would be adding more shares to my position at some time in the future once bullish divergence/s has taken place, ideally it would be seen in 2 indicators.

Romik

• sc.png
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
    #19     Jun 12, 2006
  10. romik

romik

EDIT: $10 range I was referring earlier on is becoming more evident at the moment. Yet again I must state that I do not actively trade silver in any form, therefore this is not a call by any margin :)

#20     Jun 12, 2006