Silly Willy Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by SillyWilly, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Hey guys I am new to Elite trader and will be starting a trading journal. I am currently with Interactive brokers and trade options, stocks and futures. Feel free to comment on my trades I appreciate all advice.

To give this thread some context: I will not disclose current trades, but my trading account is roughly $75,000 I work full time at a large Canadian Bank as a financial advisor. I study the markets daily and have been investing for 10 years. I will be showing pics as well as my analysis for each trade.

My goal is to return on avg 15% - 20% a year with a sharpe of at least 2. Also to learn from some of the smarter guys on this forum. Thanks I hope we can all learn something from this thread.

I will be pretty active, trading daily.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Baron likes this.
  2. destriero

destriero

GL.

The company allows you to trade single-name? Options? I would think that you would be violating any/all COI clauses in your contract. Your firm doesn't require you to disclose personal trading outside of MFs?

3. I am registered with IIROC not MFDA so yes I am allowed to trade single names. However thanks for mentioning this I have taken the name out of the thread.... I am currently reading your journal. Good Luck with you as well. Looking forward to the continuation of it.

destriero likes this.
  4. A financial advisor who day trades :confused: ...that sounds like an oxymoron or conundrum,

Any trading/investing style is tough. But doing it daily, or intraday, is probably the most difficult and crazy and erratic. And would require an expert trading plan and skill set, and an expert trader to pull it off. -- It's risky business.

Good luck, and good skill, and good trading, and good wisdom, and good mind, and mazal tov, and May the Farce be With you,
    Many happy returns,
    But more importantly, it's 2018...Make Trading and Your Life Great Again...High-Five`o_O

5. Not day trading but I will be trying to keep some positions delta neutral so I will be pretty active if my deltas decide to run

6. Bought VRX July 16/17 strangle for 2.98.

5% of notional

Theoretical Value (based on my model) 3.80. Will delta hedge to try and realize theoretical value. Will take profits if 3.8 is reached

Vrx trading cheap vs all historical vols as well as implied vol is in bottom 5% in past 6 months. This quarter earnings are expected to be the lowest in past 6 quarters. IF it beats we should get some movement if not we could continue to see some selling. I will attach term structure as well

7. Term structure of vrx. I will be hedging every 100 deltas, 10x10 contract

8. Long the SPX April 23rd straddle for 26.80

9. 2710 strike