SIIG USB-to-VGA Pro adapter, better than Tritton SEE2 Xtreme UV200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bolimomo, Feb 4, 2012.

1. A year ago I was searching for a USB-to-VGA (or DVI) adapter that supports the 1920x1080 resolution. I only found one that supports it: Tritton SEE2 Xtreme UV200. At first I was happy... but...

Problems showed later... somehow... when I have more than one UV200 on the same computer:

1) I have no control of which adapter goes to which position.
    2) Between reboots, the Tritton driver software does not remember my setting. It defaults to a lower resolution. I always have to select the 1920x1080 setting.
    3) Whenever I plug in and unplug other USB devices, it affects the Tritton settings (e.g. sets it back to lower resolution, or disables some monitors).
    4) Hooking up the 3rd and 4th Tritton adapter intermittently causes Windows to blue screen crash.

I had enough. Bit my mistake and switched to use:

SIIG USB-to-VGA Pro
    http://www.siig.com/usb-2-0-to-vga-pro.html

It sells at a lower price than Tritton See2 Xtrem UV200. It uses the DisplayLink software, which integrates with Windows' Display Manager. I can set resolution through the Windows' Display Manager, and control the position. So far it works much better.

2. easymon1

easymon1

3. Thanks for remembering my quest easymon! Some marketing guys heard me. :)

Yes I have seen the post. The price $99 is great. Resolution, however, is a bit too low for what I like. 1366 x768. I am going to wait until they come up with a 17" 18" 19" version with 1920x1080. They will. They will. (Eventually) :)

Right now I can bring my Acer 21" LED. I just need to make a make-shift tripod for it. :)