Signs the rally in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index is about to fizzle

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Not if we have created a stock market bubble until then ! You know that sort of "wealth creation" we need in order to sell theses unsold stockpiles of foreclosed houses to hummmm...."real estate buyers" :p

#11     Jul 1, 2009
  2. You can't fight the Fed. They've already proven that they will do everything possible to prop up this nation's "confidence." ; )

#12     Jul 1, 2009
  3. I was wondering the same thing. How is the "certain knowledge" of the recession being over (or not) going to make Kneale and his viewers money? What's the trade?

Long CL? Long ES? Short ZN? Long AUD/CAD/NZD? Long HG?

The recession could well be over and all the above trades could still backfire over the next quarter.

#13     Jul 1, 2009
  4. Who knows, the rating outlook change on UK debt turned out to be bullish for the FTSE100 and GBP :cool:

#14     Jul 1, 2009
  5. Yes, the FED has always won in the past... but now this time... unlike every time before... has completely GONE ALL IN... and i think she's going to lose and lose big... over the next 5 to 10 years.. and not even be the same institution as before...

#15     Jul 1, 2009
  6. If the fed would stop micro managing our economy we would get thru this much quicker. Sure the markets may have gone down to Dow 5000, that would have been the buy of a lifetime. But know the fed had to supply banks with capital to prop up the markets, now we get to muddle along at inflated levels.

This is not a free market economy; they have never given the free market a chance to work. The fed always jumps in and screws everything up.

#16     Jul 1, 2009
  7. Can you truly go "all in" when you produce the chips?

#17     Jul 1, 2009
  8. Depends how much patrons (i.e. other countries) value those chips.

#18     Jul 1, 2009