signs, signs everywhere a sign - DAKT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Jesus Christ TD: "You may or may not like JJ and the Cowboys, but if anything he is doing this stadium Texas Big.... " YOU KNOW This is Big Blue Giant territory!! In this house anyway, my hatred of the cowboys flows like whiskey from Satan's lips. If that TO has a blown out knee I drop to mine and thank the high heavens. A POX on that stadium, that, team, that star, that country boinking quarterback, everything Cowboy... except the scoreboard!

#11     Aug 10, 2007
  2. topdown

topdown

Up 10% pre-market on earnings.

Beat EPS by .03 (although on lower REVs), guided higher for next Q.

Conference Call 11:00 ET

#12     Aug 15, 2007
  3. topdown

topdown

Got back in DAKT today. Could we see another 3 day run?

Also nibbled some GLW on today's pull-back. They had good news and a good conference and the stock fell. Go figure.

#13     Sep 19, 2007
  4. The 1st upgrade after four downgrades!

29-Nov-07 JP Morgan Initiated Overweight

Anybody else think this DAKT is a good bet?

I've dabbled small to test the bottom & I think it is in.
    Would like to perhaps take a large position. Risk Reward seems favorable.
    TopDown I know you cover this stock when you're not drinking heavily -- what about the Met & Yankee deals?
    Are they close? ~ stoney

#14     Nov 29, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

^ I'm rarely sober from Thanksgiving through New Years, but I'll make a phone call (hiccup).

I did he, he, he, hear they got the D-Backs new board (below). Cowboys board is the big deal pending (It's Texa$ big) in addition to Yanks & Mets.

D-Backs, county OK new video board

Nick Piecoro
    The Arizona Republic
    Nov. 20, 2007 12:00 AM
    The Diamondbacks and Maricopa County have settled on a price and company to install what will be one of baseball's largest video boards at Chase Field in time for next season.

Diamondbacks President Derrick Hall said the club selected a bid from Daktronics, the South Dakota-based company that installed Chase Field's sound system and LED board.

The board will cost between $4 million and $5 million, Hall said, with the total cost of the project around $13 million because of infrastructure costs. The bill will be paid by a "renewal and refurbishment" account to which both the county and the Diamondbacks have contributed.

#15     Nov 29, 2007
  6. topdown

topdown

The Colts new board also:

November 27, 2007

Lucas Oil Stadium scoreboards: 53 feet high, $11.4M pricetag
    By Meagan Ingerson
    meagan.ingerson@indystar.com
    November 27, 2007

The Colts’ biggest plays will look even bigger next season, with picture quality among the best in the NFL.
    That’s because the Indiana Stadium and Convention Building Authority on Monday unanimously approved an $11.4 million deal for two ginormous high-definition scoreboards at Lucas Oil Stadium.
    Consisting of three screens each, the 97-foot-wide-by-nearly-53-foot-high scoreboards will hang in the northwest and southeast corners of the building.

Each will feature a single 97-foot-wide-by-37-foot-high screen, five times larger than the scoreboard in the RCA Dome, authority Chairman David Frick said. The two other screens, positioned on top of the main screen, will measure 24 feet wide by nearly 16 feet high. They will be separated by the stadium nameplate and advertisements.

#16     Nov 29, 2007
  7. Wow these scoreboards are not cheap!

It seems these teams all want to one up each other (except The Giants)

JP Morgan Upgrade today too...

I just had a great Chianti at a restaurant! but this looks to be a nice story.... ~ stoney

#17     Nov 29, 2007
  8. dstod

dstod

We seem to follow similar stocks Stoney.

I followed ELON based on one of your posts back in August and was able to catch a nice trade.

I also picked up DAKT at 19.95 a couple weeks ago and sold around 21.25 shortly thereafter. My gut told me to hold on to it, but I have a major problem letting my winners run. I am currently working on a trailing stop strategy to fix this issue.

Anyway, best of luck with your trades and keep the informative posts coming!

#18     Dec 1, 2007
  9. hughb

hughb

(If you are clicking the "go to first new post" button, you may not have noticed that this thread is a little old.)

DAKT appeared in my scan tonight. The rise that it has had from 15 to 20 over the last few weeks has been accompanied by a very subtle increase in volume. If your charting programs can be set to display 3 day bars, you will notice it over the last three bars, (nine days). In a short squeeze, you usually see a burst of volume, but a subtle increase like this leads me to believe it is accumulation.

#19     Apr 9, 2008