Significant drop in uninsured young adults due to Obamacare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Really?

#41     Sep 21, 2011
  2. Nope,dont want anything from you.I have my own health insurance and dont ask you or anybody help me pay for ot.I also dont mind paying a few bucks more so that my fellow man has health insurance

You're always claiming I'm poor but you're the one always bitching about money

#42     Sep 21, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then how about YOU pay it then and stop insisting the rest of us should as well.

https://www.pay.gov/paygov/forms/formInstance.html?agencyFormId=23779454

Only my taxes that are being utterly squandered.

#43     Sep 21, 2011

4. In a society everyone pays their fair share

#44     Sep 21, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then why are so many wage earners not paying any income tax?

#45     Sep 21, 2011
  6. Reagan

#46     Sep 21, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Reagan is dead. Whatever he initiated could have been repealed replaced or modified by now. So what kind of society is it that 1/2 don't pay their fair share?

#47     Sep 21, 2011

8. Clinton did raise taxes,then Bush cut them again

#48     Sep 21, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Clinton raised taxes on the 1/2 that weren't paying any?

#49     Sep 21, 2011

10. http://www.heritage.org/research/re...olution-a-big-boost-for-families-and-the-poor

Reagan's Tax Revolution: A Big Boost for Families and the Poor
    Published on July 25, 1985 by Anna Kondratas

July 25, 1985

REAGAN'S TAX REVOLUTION: A BIG BOOST FOR FAMILIES AND THE POOR

INTRODUCTION

Ronald Reagan's tax reform plan offers major gains for the working poor. It does so as part of a comprehensive effort to lighten the tax burden on families, correcting in part the anti-family bias of the current tax code.IThe Reagan plan seeks specifically to raise the zero-bracket amount and personal exemptions and to expand the earned income tax credit, thereby improving the lot of the poor and of families. If enacted, the Reagan proposal would ensure that families with income at or below the poverty level no longer paid any federal income tax.

The federal tax burden on the poor has been increasing for many years. The tax code distressingly has had the same systemic bias against the poor as it has had-against taxpayers in general. Inflation-induced bracket creep, for example, has meant that taxes rise automatically with inflated incomes. Since tax brackets are narrower at lower income levels, and the personal exemption and standard deduction (known as the zero-bracket amount) constitute a larger proportion of income, bracket creep has disproportionately hurt

This is the third in a series on the President's tax reform plan. It was preceded by "Reagan's Tax Revolution: Ending the Free Ride for State and Local Taxes," Issue Bulletin No. 114, June 14, 1985 and "Reagan's Tax Revolution: Fair Play for Energy," Issue Bulletin No. 115, July 10, 1985. Future studies will examine the plan's impact on international finance and trade, financial institutions, and savings, investment, and risk-taking.

lower-income taxpayers. This was corrected only partially by the 1981 Tax Act. To make matters worse, while the poverty threshold is indexed to inflation, the tax threshold is not. The result: increasing numbers of Americans have been stung by federal tax liabilities, resulting in an unintended shift of the tax burden toward families, especially larger ones.

In the 1960s and 1970s, Congress made a number of attempts to eliminate the tax burden on poor families by increasing the personal exemption and standard deduction, or by enacting tax credits such as the earned income tax credit (EITC). Despite these efforts, the real value of the current $1,000 personal exemption is now about half what it was in 1955 and has fallen from 14 percent of median family income in that year to just 4 percent.2Even the EITC lost its impact because it was not indexed for inflation.

By removing poor families from the tax rolls, the Reagan tax revolution guarantees that they will never reenter those rolls so long. as they are poor. Indexation, already in place for this year, will prevent bracket creep. And the President's tax reform proposes to give a big financial boost to families and the poor.

continued...http://www.heritage.org/research/re...olution-a-big-boost-for-families-and-the-poor

#50     Sep 21, 2011