Sign the petition started by John Lothian: CFTC Should Drop Civil Charges and Apologize

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wadewatts, Nov 6, 2019.

1. #41     Nov 6, 2019
  2. #42     Nov 6, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  3. destriero

destriero

look at page 13.

#43     Nov 6, 2019
  4. It's a generous reading IMO. That's why juries exist I suppose.

#44     Nov 6, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

I understand what they are trying to do - make sure developers do not develop unethical software - but at what point does developer realize that intent? What about generic algos that can be configured in a way to accomplish harmful behavior? It's a very blurry distinction.
    I doubt anyone requests to write spoofing software.
    How is it different from punishing gun makers for crimes committed with their products?

Actually, very relevant to ET since we have many developers here. So now if someone wants to contract a developer to implement a strategy, do we need to first make sure it's not harmful? Do we need to understand exactly what it does?

#45     Nov 6, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

I meant page 13 of my journal. I had my best day ever as I was sitting in a hotel lobby on spotty WiFi.

#46     Nov 6, 2019
  7. destriero

destriero

I know of your extraction and I've seen it myself as a WASPy Swedish dude. The whole H1B Visa thing alone.

#47     Nov 6, 2019
  8. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

you're an honest guy, that's why I like you.

#48     Nov 6, 2019
    destriero likes this.
  9. destriero

destriero

I'm gonna go eat some bacon. There is more to this story. Sarao's BP did NOT support his orders. That, and the whole spoofing scam.

#49     Nov 6, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. The guy was let go on most of the charges, they dropped the rest. I don't think there is anything more you can do but point to those facts. That they keep pursuing him is indicative of an overreaching government with too many bureaucrats at the helm.

#50     Nov 6, 2019