Sign the petition started by John Lothian: CFTC Should Drop Civil Charges and Apologize

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wadewatts, Nov 6, 2019.

1. gaussian

gaussian

You don't.

https://legaldictionary.net/acquittal/

It's literally in the legal definition of acquittal and is the logical negation of "guilt". Not guilty is not a claim of innocence, and there's no way to prove someone innocent. You are either guilty of a crime by means of evidence, or you are not guilty because there was not sufficient evidence. The most famous case I can think of is the O.J. Simpson trial, where he was acquitted but with almost complete certainty (especially after his book deal) was not innocent.

You're mistaking legal terms with webster dictionary terms. Believe what you want but you are not innocent if you are acquitted.

#31     Nov 6, 2019
  2. destriero

destriero

The ISV coded features which allowed Sarao to post size beyond what was supported by his net liq. Got it?

#32     Nov 6, 2019
  3. Free speech is domestic. It is not controlled domestically.

That was not explicit in the complaint, nor was that an actual discussion, at least in my glancing through the complaint.

So are you recommending that someone waste time going to court if they are being acquitted? For what purpose? Do you live in fairy land with infinite money? Maybe you work at RobinHood?

PS: I've been acquitted every time. Just FYI. It's a win. The government fucking hates it.

#33     Nov 6, 2019
    wadewatts likes this.
  4. Can't agree more. The software was deliberately designed to abuse the market, it was called "edge" and the software owner obviously knew what the software would be used for. Bankruptcy and prison for this piece of shit. Unfortunately it's just small fry that sees their day in court. The big violators all bought themselves immunity.

#34     Nov 6, 2019
    gaussian likes this.
  5. gaussian

gaussian

They should be held liable for their software, and many consulting firms are bonded for this reason. The legal teams I've seen in software companies sometimes eclipse their sales teams in total cost.

In the article he compelled his staff to work on the project. "Just following orders" has failed as an excuse since the Nuremberg trials.

Generally you are in court making a plea and you are acquitted after deliberation. So, you've already "wasted" the money you're supposing you could save by having some pre-cog level foresight of your own trial.

EDIT:

I'd like to add this will have absolutely zero bearing on my work as a consultant software engineer. Legal counsel exists for a reason and people love to sue. If I have any questions about a project I bring it up to them. $100/hr saves 100ks in court battles. The lawyer with the worst grades from the worst law school in the country could've seen this dumpster fire coming and advised their client to avoid it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    #35     Nov 6, 2019
  6. destriero

destriero

Right, an employee did, or at least that's your argument.

#36     Nov 6, 2019
  7. Who cares what you think. You don't seek to have a clear understanding of ethical and moral values because you are clouded by your professional relationship. Now go back to where you came from. Adios.

#37     Nov 6, 2019
  8. He was the ceo and in charge and supposed to know what software was developed under his roof. Are you stupid? Think for just a second.

#38     Nov 6, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

I am working on the infinite money thing. I'll get back to you.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/dests-everything-journal.332136/page-11#post-4859112

#39     Nov 6, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  10. This is why the brown/black guys need to watch out. No leniency, even if you're acquitted. Be careful out there boys.

#40     Nov 6, 2019
    wadewatts likes this.