Sign of the Times: 20 Year Old Buys Home with just 3.5% Down

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Oct 22, 2009.

1. She is a BBW there are quite a few internet websites dedicated to girls like her :D

#11     Oct 22, 2009

2. Why? She has a job, bought her house fair and square.

Last I remembered this country was built by immigrants coming into the US.

#12     Oct 22, 2009
  3. I wonder if AIG will write a CDS on her.

In all seriousness, I am proud of her. 3 jobs, that's great.

I used to work at a restaurant where he had a guy (Mexican) who worked 3 jobs at various restaurants who sent $500 a week home to his family. The servers had to roll silverware so he offered to roll their silverware for $5-10 a pop. On Fridays or Saturdays after a busy night he'd do it for 7-10 servers. He did it 3x as fast and a lot neater.

I applaud hard workers but there's a high likelihood that she loses one of her jobs and shortly thereafter the house. I hope not.

#13     Oct 22, 2009
  4. AyeYo

AyeYo

Isn't that the latest accounting trend these days? She's on the cutting edge - good for her!

#14     Oct 22, 2009
  5. clacy

clacy

Mexican immigrants (and hispanics in general) work very hard.

They have a tendency toward big centralized, corrupt governments in their original countries and that is the only thing that scares me about them.

#15     Oct 22, 2009
  6. MattF

MattF

wow...just wow.

Now the $64,000 question. Did she use that 8K credit toward down payment? If so, congratulations, there's your house with virtually no money down! (or <1%).

I give her 5 years if she doesn't try to flip it first before foreclosure. Which sucks, but looks like is the new norm.

#16     Oct 22, 2009