SIGM trading near liquidation value (Strong Buy)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by MrDODGE, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Hey trades all have different time frames. I think in the very short term, 15 or 17.5 strike may calls may offer some pretty incredible returns.

Just as well, this is good on a long time frame for the common.

#21     Apr 15, 2008
  2. Thank you for the link!

This is not FMD, SIGM has no debt. FMD has a good amount of cash but most of it would go toward covering debt.

#22     Apr 15, 2008
  3. I'd almost consider FMD as having no debt as well. While they have a warehouse line, they also have student loan income to offset the cost of that debt (with respect to the 350M they didn't securitize). Not to mention that, FMD has residual income going forward based on past securitizations (200M every 6 months) that I consider substantial.

Both are great buys here.

#23     Apr 15, 2008
  4. My other thought is SIGM will get bought out at a price around $30 per share.

At the end of March there were rumblings of Sony looking at the company.

#24     Apr 15, 2008
  5. Dodge, stop bashing our FMD. A lot of us have serious action on it. Don't lie you bought at 3.54 today and dumped at 4.10 for 20k shares.:)

I may consider this as a play and keeping it now on my radar.

#25     Apr 15, 2008
  6. FMD is on my radar :)

Sorry for the bashing, I just looked at the numbers and tried to make a point. :cool:

#26     Apr 15, 2008
  7. hahah.. the mere negative mention of FMD brought you to defend the position...

hilarious.

#27     Apr 15, 2008
  8. I have an idea, add a little line about a *potential* buyout to your blog! :D :D

#28     Apr 15, 2008
  9. Yeah, my account has less of a red loss than yesterday. Still need a nice follow through. I want $5+!

#29     Apr 15, 2008
  10. Maybe you can call Carl Icahn...

oops.. he only likes total crap.

#30     Apr 15, 2008