Sierrachart annoyed with data fees and intend to rock the boat

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by themickey, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

CME non-pro package fees include CME, Comex and CBOT. Eurex and ICE will probably cost more, but why do we WANT the extras? Only if we WANT to trade their products. Yes?

#31     Feb 2, 2018
  2. i960

i960

Sierrachart is straight up Dunning-Kruger to the extreme and I would never trust the software integrity of any exchange they run. Every single run in I've had with these folks when it comes to software bugs, issues, etc has been reacted to (by them) with complete defensiveness and very little integrity. The fact that they think they can run an exchange at the same level of robustness as CME or ICE is laughable.

#32     Feb 2, 2018
    motif likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

LOL :)

#33     Feb 2, 2018
  4. Macca1

Macca1

Do you experience on a development level, I.e C++ or at-least have a programming background?

If you can actually illustrate a problem and prove them wrong, then SC will fix it, almost immediately. If they think the problem is your lack of understanding, then they will just refer you to the documentation. If they think you're an idiot, they will treat you like an idiot. They will not hold your hand like other software vendors who are big on marketing/ customer service.

What software bugs? Please provide more details.

Also, it is worth noting that the platform only costs $21.78 USD on a 12 month subscription. It's ridiculous cheap for what they offer. God knows what sort of customer service people expect for $21 a month.

#34     Feb 2, 2018
  5. ajacobson

ajacobson

Naivety - sure. What is the old joke about the definition of a charm school. Place they teach you to say fantastic or wow instead of BULLSHIT.

Naivety on who's part ?

#35     Feb 2, 2018
  6. i960

i960

Yes, I am very experienced in this regard and their devs are assholes on the support forums when you point out any failing of their software. They are extremely defensive types (most likely Russian to be honest) who automatically assume the reporting party is somehow just a stupid user in the default case and expect you to do all the legwork for them until they consider a problem to be a real concern.

This isn't the case, there have been multiple times I've pointed out things at a deep technical level and it's like having an argument with a granite rock. The issue isn't their expertise, it's their shit attitude when it comes to problem solving.

I've even had to resort to making Youtube videos of something happening just to get them to possibly consider the issue that I'm reporting is a real issue - or even comprehend it. That's how bad it's been at times.

#36     Feb 2, 2018
    JSOP likes this.
  7. i960

i960

SC says:

"We are totally excited about the decentralized exchange project. We have little doubt, that we are going to be very successful with this, it is going to be a community effort, and all of the exchanges around the world including the CME are going to receive major competition and eventually be rendered out of date.

This we are 100% certain of."

Does anyone else realize how absolutely ridiculous this is? Running an exchange isn't just about running an event loop to process orders and distribution them across a book and it's about 100x more involved than just the software side of things. *CLEARING* for starters, physical delivery processes, regulations, rules, etc.

If they actually recognized their limits they would not even attempt this.

#37     Feb 2, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

Was years ago a sierrachart user, but once upon a time I asked the question of their support "were they American?" and they informed me they were located in Kiwi Land.

#38     Feb 2, 2018
  9. i960

i960

This would be pretty surprising to me as I lived in NZ for over a year + have family connections there and the unhelpful/defensive attitude is just so far off from the typical Kiwi.

#39     Feb 2, 2018
  10. JSOP

JSOP

I have recompiled ALL of them with the new version of SC, all of them recompiled fine but did not work at all.

Like I said those support used to be really knowledgeable and patient but now they don't know anything and don't do anything besides asking you to read their documentations. I suspect there must've had a change of personnel or the company got bought over or something. A complete change with Night and Day difference.

Good for you but I don't have time to waste with their software that doesn't work and monkeys who don't know how to make them work.

#40     Feb 4, 2018