Sierrachart annoyed with data fees and intend to rock the boat

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by themickey, Feb 1, 2018.

1. cole_

cole_

amp charges 15 dollars for all cme markets

#11     Feb 1, 2018
  2. cole_

cole_

because people bought or sold?

#12     Feb 1, 2018
  3. Visaria

Visaria

IB charges $10. I was quoting the guy who said $400 a month.

#13     Feb 1, 2018
  4. truetype

truetype

#14     Feb 1, 2018
  5. Metamega

Metamega

Brokerage data fees and data vendor fees are a complete different. Sierra chart is just software that you can plug your brokerage into which would give you the brokerages data feed( perhaps with limitations).

http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data&section=fees

That’s a good reference for exchange fees for just data.

They don’t mark these up, these are straight from exchanges.

You want ICE, CME, perhaps COMEX or EUREX, maybe some CBOT, it quickly adds up to 400$.

Non-display fees is another outrageous gimmick as well.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    #15     Feb 1, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

I don't see the difference between Walmart and Exchanges, they both selling prices, but when was the last time you went to Walmart and had to pay to see the price of anything. Exchanges has contracts we buy and sell, Walmart has cash products to buy immediately, we take them home and use, if we don't like them, we sell them back to Walmart and if you don't have a receipt, it possible to sell back at a loss.

All companies have rules, and if you are a trader or want to be a trader, better just bend over and get use to it. This has nothing to do with costs and most do not know back in the 1980's you pay over $1000 a month for data through satellite dishes, more along the lines of principles. But any time you have the backing of the U.S. government, you can expect you be bending over.

#16     Feb 1, 2018
    beginner66 and athlonmank8 like this.
  7. cole_

cole_

would it be illegal to run it like a pseudo bucketshop in the same vein as a forex brokerage? that would be a great way to get liquidity

it could be cash settled contracts based on the CME futures price

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    #17     Feb 1, 2018
  8. Metamega

Metamega

Isn’t that similar to CFD’s? Never trades either but from what I understand it sounds like what your describing.

#18     Feb 1, 2018
  9. ajacobson

ajacobson

It's not a cartel - it's a monopoly. A pure and simple monopoly with pricing power.

#19     Feb 1, 2018
    athlonmank8 and themickey like this.
  10. themickey

themickey

Yes, thankyou, a monopoly with control of our data which traders have generated.
    I believe these are issues recently raised regarding large companies like Facebook and Google who control data to make themselves uber wealthy at the expense of exclusion of others.
    Who should have rightful ownership of the data? The people or the corporations?

#20     Feb 1, 2018