Sierra through FCM/broker or direct through Sierra account?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by greenmoose, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Curious if anyone knows the difference between using Sierra Charts through your broker/FCM or directly through your account with Sierra?

For example, Sierra Chart service package 5 is $36/month directly through your Sierra Chart account versus with AMP Futures for $25/month.

More than this difference though, I'm curious if there is any difference in the functionality that you receive of the actual software and Sierra Chart platform generally. I fully support the work they have put into Sierra Charts and the hard work and diligence with which they continue to work to improve it.

To this end, I like the idea of supporting them by subscribing directly through the Sierra Charts account but I'm just curious if there is functionally any difference in the actual platform and performance if you subscribe to all the data/packages through Sierra or through your FCM/broker.

2. 2FT

2FT

If you go indirect via FCM, you will not be able to use any other data feed or order routing other than the one you elect via your FCM eg, you can't connect to IB, or Bitmex etc with the AMPxSC package.

SC grumpy help will also be a little less inclined to help you as you are paying them less. Which is exactly fair.

The actual functionality of the software is identical.

greenmoose likes this.
  3. Ahhhh. That's the exact answer I was looking for. Thank you so much!

4. 2FT

2FT

There may be other back-end/input differences that I am not aware of. But the front-end/ output functionality is identical as far as I know. I've used SC both direct and FCM.

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I do not think you are correct.

You can have multiple accounts across different FCMs and data feeds while one broker provides the software. Each FCM will have its own credentials for the account you carry depending on your data feed choice.
    You can have a different username and passwords for the API of choice (connectivity like CQG, Rithmic, etc) and the software will recognize which broker/FCM you are associated with.

6. 2FT

2FT

I'll double check when I am back in my trading room. But I have an AMP linked SC acc, and all I know is that the option to connect SC to IB TWS is disabled when I log into SC with credentials provided by AMP. I have no other login credentials to use.

I hope I am wrong and you are right.

7. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I see what you are saying. In the case of AMP, you could be correct about IB specifically.

We support AMP/SC packages as their IB, but typically we deal with the non-exclusive FCM feeds like CQG, Rithmic, CTS, etc. They may have made these feeds exclusive as well, but I respect that since they provide the cost reduction.

As far as Sierra support, I find that we as brokers and our FCMS like AMP, provide excellent technical support for the software and at times faster...we made of videos for our support as well https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOGjoJXp0cmpaY-rXK1FsEc5a2QRqk3tc

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    greenmoose likes this.
  8. 2FT

2FT

I've seen your support forum and agree that your support is good :)

9. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

Yes. Correct.

AMP's FREE or Discounted version of Sierra Chart has all the same trading features (No Features removed) as the versions listed directly on Sierra Chart website.

Here is an article with details on Sierra Chart (pricing) versions available at AMP - Package 3 is FREE (No Monthly Fee) or Package 5 is Discounted price ($25 per month) for AMP Customers. https://support.ampglobal.com/hc/en...ierra-Chart-pricing-versions-available-at-AMP

At AMP, using Sierra Chart you get:
    AMP Sierra Chart customers get Access to trade all of these Exchanges:
    • CME
    • EUREX
    • CFE/CBOE (VIX)
    • ICE
    • LIFFE
    • Sydney Futures Exchange (SFE)
    • Osaka - Japan (JPX), Singapore Exchange (SGX), Hong Kong (HKEX)
    Once live AMP account is funded with minimum of $100 – you will get streaming, continual access to both live and demo (simulation mode).

greenmoose likes this.