Sierra Multiple Display

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by pabmove, Jun 25, 2008.

1. pabmove

pabmove

I'm still getting the hang of SierraCharts.

Does anyone know if you can open multiple versions of SierraCharts from a single computer so that you can have different chart setups looking from different monitors? Trying it myself you can't, I just want to know if there is a workaround.

I already have a 19 inch monitor and a 15 inch mon and I can stretch SC from one screen to the other but because of the different models and size of the screens it looks weird (I'm a cheap a** so I don't want to buy another 19 inch).

I can of course use another chart software for the other screen SC seems promising.

Thanks in advance!

2. ATLien

ATLien

3. You can do it.

One approach is to install SC in a directory. Then install in another directory. That way the data directories are seperate from install point.

Look in the helps - there are a lot of different ways to cut it depending on which one (or ones) you want to collect data. Note that you have to collect data on a symbol to show the bid/ask.

4. I had a bunch of separate instances running at the same time. I would rename the directory "sierra1" "sierra2" ect. Ran them all from the same data feed.

5. pabmove

pabmove

>sellingrich

Thank you. That did the trick!