Sierra Charts trade from the screen?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpi, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Well it appears they are getting educated on the cumulative delta and seem to be headed in the right direction (further development of CD within SierraCharts). BTW, I sent them a very detailed PM so they can see how proper cumulative delta bars look and plot.....that should help them out. :)

#21     May 10, 2009
  2. COOL.......glad to see more charting providers enhancing the delta capabilities......really good news. :)

#22     May 10, 2009
  3. #23     May 10, 2009
  4. You mean like these --

#24     May 11, 2009
  5. It should look like this............. :)

#25     May 11, 2009
  6. Is this better? The one I showed up above was my own custom take on the HA study. This one is the canned study with smoothing applied.

#26     May 11, 2009
  7. Looks good sir! :)

#27     May 11, 2009
  8. We have responded to you on the Sierra Chart forum and we are working on your request.

#28     May 15, 2009
  9. The message has been received and we understand how the calculations are done.

We are working on a chartbook to show how to do this. We will post it here when it is ready, we need to do a few changes to get everything working right. When the chartbook is ready, you can get a trial of Sierra Chart and see how it works for you.

There's not a single study which will produce candle bars showing the cumulative difference between AskVolume and BidVolume since the start of the day. But it consists of 3 studies and 2 charts. However it's very flexible and it will work quite well. Also if there are any problems with the underlying data, it will be very obvious by looking at the source chart. So there really is no mystery of how it works internally.

#29     May 15, 2009
  10. veggen

veggen

Excellent news!

You guys do an awsome job :)

#30     May 15, 2009