Sierra Charts trade from the screen?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpi, Apr 22, 2009.

1. 20+ ticks still sounds extremely short to me (HSI will do 20+ points in a minute). Is that a few minutes or does it take longer on your instruments?

#11     May 3, 2009
  2. Here's a couple of ways to look at delta with sierra.

#12     May 3, 2009
  3. Sierra Chart supports basing a study (indicator) on other studies. So you can "overlay indicators onto the cumulative Delta".

There is a study (BidVolume versus AskVolume) that calculates the difference between AskVolume and BidVolume. However, we don't have any built-in studies to create a candlestick from this showing the high and low range for the period of the bar. It would be just the final value for the bar.

#13     May 9, 2009
  4. I was just looking at the volume breakdown study that they offer and it's quite advanced.

We could provide the difference between the AskVolume and the BidVolume as a candlestick. We can modify one of our studies to do that. This is probably actually not very hard and we wouldn't mind doing it if it took us a small amount of time. What exactly though is "cumulative delta", is that the same thing?

#14     May 10, 2009
  5. Sent you a PM. :)

#15     May 10, 2009
  6. veggen

veggen

Not yeat AMT4SWA. You can only display it as line study, and therefore the truly high low of each bar wont be reflected in the CD study. This is only a problem with slower charts though.

I have sent the programmers a request for them to make candlesticks or high/low bars available as well. Not heard back from them yet, but hopefully they will see the need for this.

#16     May 10, 2009
  7. veggen

veggen

In your forum, I have made a request exactly like what AMT4SWA is asking for here! You moderators have not respondet to it yeat (started the thread last week). Basically it is a cumulative study of the "bid vs. ask" study, but at this moment it is only available as a line study (cumulative study that is). This makes it impossible to see the truly high/low of each bar, and this is really annoying if you use a slow chart.

#17     May 10, 2009
  8. veggen

veggen

Did not see this post!

This is exactly the problem, you only see the final value.

#18     May 10, 2009

9. Although SC correctly states that they don't have built in studies that would use intermediate values you can do it with custom studies (Sierra Chart ACSIL interface). Not impossible or even all that difficult - just not a standard study.

You can do almost anything - sometimes the hardest thing is keeping track of exactly what you have done.

#19     May 10, 2009
  10. Hello Kiwi

I have had MD for a few months now, and for me, it boiled down to two capabilities:

1) The presentation of the MP as far as tracking the previous VA and POC.
    2) The ability to chart the delta in a candle.

CQG came out with an update last week which improved their MP, which basically made the MD MP redundent.

So, for me the question was do I keep the MD for the delta candles. I wrote an indicator using CQG's TradeFlow to get a delta of Bid/Ask, but as has been stated, it is shown in a line format......but upon using it, I find the line suites my temperment, and I am able to develop "zones" on the indicator which helps me determine what is noise and what is tradable.

I have decided to cancel my MD subscription, given the CQG update.

For the ES I use a 6 tick range on the TradeFlow.

#20     May 10, 2009