Sierra Charts question

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by easyrider, Dec 12, 2002.

1. I would like to have a backup charting program and have been reading about Sierra charts. I am using a satellite with Esignal for my data feed and I have IB on a 56k modem for execution. IB works fine on the modem because it does not use much bandwidth. Do I understand it right that Sierra charts would operate on my computer using the same incoming signal that I am using now? My computer can handle the increased activity easily but I do not want to increase the bandwidth useage coming in. tia

2. are you asking if sierrachart can use esignal as a feed? i don't think so.

it can use IB data however. works flawlessly, seamlessly, bug free and reliable. i don't think you'll have a problem.

3. Just hope you don't need more charting info than the info from the time your start the IB feed to Sierra charts. In other words, there is not back data.

4. I got the software a few days back. I figure $40 for six months how can you lose. I had the eminis and ZB on it the other day but had to uninstall then reinstall and when I try to pull up ES it doesnt work. It works ok with stocks so I must be getting the symbol wrong. Isnt the format ES-2003-03 on IB?

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

It's ES-200303-GLOBEX

--Db

6. to change timeframes, all you have to do is type the minute and hit enter. For instance, if you are on the 1 min, and you want to see what the 5 min looks like, just hit "5" then enter. No need to put cursor in any box, or hit an F key.

7. Have you tried medved quotetracker? It's free and will work off the IB datafeed.

8. Fastest place for answers in town.:) I was forgetting to add the exchange at the end. Thanks db.