Sierra Charts: different underlying as chart

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by David's faith, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Let's say I trust the price action of E-Minis more then Micro-E-Minis but want to trade both based on the same chart (also managing positions on the same chart). Is it possible without scripting?

2. ondafringe

ondafringe

If you only want an e-mini chart open, and you want to trade a micro-e from the e-mini chart, and you want to show the micro-e order fill/stop/target on the e-mini chart, I don't *think* that is possible.

You can overlay a micro-e price chart onto an e-mini price chart, but when I tried that in SIM, I was not able to enter a micro-e trade from the e-mini chart. However, I am not an SC guru, so I may have missed something. You would have to post on the SC support board to be absolutely certain.

David's faith likes this.
  3. You can only have a chart contract and a trade contract, you cannot (as far as I know) have two trade contracts unless it is a spread which is what it sounds like you want.

Why do you want to trade both micros and minis?

David's faith likes this.
  4. Risk control. Thank you.

5. Makes sense that but seems like perhaps one ought to just focus on MES until the account is big enough to focus on the other. Trading is hard enough without complicating it. In that case, you just trade the ES chart with MES as the trade contract.

6. ondafringe

ondafringe

Since you want to trade both, you could trade/manage the e-mini from the chart, and trade/manage the micro-e from a trade window/DOM.

7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

You can only CHART+QUOTE 1 symbol per chart tab.

HOWEVER... you can execute a TRADE on a DIFFERENT SYMBOL based on the displayed chart/quote.

Here is the CHART SETTING...
    In this example, ES is CHARTED + QUOTED, but TRADE execution applies to MES.

HTH.

sierra.png

alex141, David's faith and NoahA like this.
  8. alex141

alex141

I have tested this with CTS T4 data feed on real trading. Works fine. :thumbsup: