Sierra Chart Users? If you don't use Teton, how do you feel about 38% price rise?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kiwi_trader, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Just to elaborate on my point about vendor system requirements. Here is what SC says on their website:

"The following hardware specifications, are very much recommended for a fast system: 32 GB RAM, minimum of 4 core CPU, and a SSD (solid-state drive). The more CPU cores and memory you have, generally will be beneficial.

A dedicated solid-state drive with just Sierra Chart installed to it is strongly recommended."

Also notice they won't recommend windows of any version. They will frequently go on an angry rant on their forum that they will one day cease windows support.

#71     Mar 29, 2022
  2. This one rant I can get behind

#72     Mar 29, 2022
    MidKnight and themickey like this.
  3. LOL Kiwi's thread in SC support board is now locked. Few other user discussions are locked too. Basically any support questions that actually is a SC issue is just being locked

#73     Mar 30, 2022
    themickey likes this.
  4. So, I got some advice from the MotiveWave team (thanks guys) and I've learned enough Java to program my own paintbars, range functions and underlays. On Linux its ram use reflect the Java base but it's cpu utilisation is only 30-40% of SierraChart + Wine so that's a win for the atmosphere.

My charts are simple but I have a few elements that assist my decision making.

[​IMG]

#74     Apr 14, 2022
  5. easymon1

easymon1

Are you the "kiwi's stuff" guy?

#75     Apr 14, 2022
  6. Yes. I wrote a lot of code requested by users to fill holes in SC's capability.

#76     Apr 14, 2022
  7. easymon1

easymon1

we're not worthy timer.jpg
    Big Ups and Hat's off to you Kiwi for the excellent tools, troubleshooting, enhancements and help provided to SC users over the years.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    #77     Apr 14, 2022
    beginner66, xdsawzsecsq and themickey like this.
  8. onejester

onejester

I can see a lot of angst on here about SC, it is just the initial shock because they changed something, & old dogs don't like change. Imho, it is a small price to pay for such an excellent platform. I run it on a mac in wine, hardly ever had a problem. I was annoyed at having to jump through hoops with it just now because of the changes, and yes I needed support. They couldn't have been nicer. Don't forget they are propeller heads, so they may not be that empathetic when they get asked a question that they feel a 'normal' person should know the answer to. Wait for the dust to settle & Amp will more than likely adapt Teton, if not I'll change broker.

#78     Jun 20, 2022
    ondafringe likes this.