Sierra Chart Users? If you don't use Teton, how do you feel about 38% price rise?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by kiwi_trader, Mar 16, 2022.

1. terr

terr

Correct. What you can do (this is a recent addition) is add price alerts for the resistance/support values, then add a "Price Alerts" indicator on either daily or intraday chart. That will show whatever alerts exist for the symbol on the chart and allow you to move them.

#41     Mar 17, 2022
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

What year? They said that last April.

#42     Mar 18, 2022
  3. canoe

canoe

just want to reiterate, FUCK SIERRA CHARTS.

previously i pointed out a problem with Denali that someone else had also brought up and they deleted my comment LMAO

these guys are fucking clowns because they rant in their own support board all the time about censorship, tyranny, the deep state, etc. and how we are all becoming slaves due to our freedoms being trampled on............

then they literrally go on to practice what they condemn by exercising censorship and supreme control over their support board once complaints come up.

they're so adamant that any bugs in the services they provide directly (denali, teton) are NOT due to their fault but due to the fault of the USER. they will

1. DENY ->
    2. DEFLECT BLAME TO USER ->
    3. GO ON AN ANGRY TIRADE ACCUSING THE USER OF BEING STUPID OR ACTING ON BEHALF OF A "competitor" until it affects too many people and only then will they think about looking into it.

oh and they obviously never admit fault about having obfuscated the problem or deflected blame to the users even after it's found that the problem existed within SC.

by the way, they are getting rid of CQG support by end of 2022 so if you trade options or any market besides CME/EUREX, you're fucked.

you can tell by the fact that they're so adamant about getting rid of CQG but not Rithmic that the only reason they're getting rid of CQG is because there are too many users on CQG so they need to get them onboard their Teton service.

#43     Mar 18, 2022
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Same all over, Same here in the Politics forum, Same in the hallowed halls of congress, Rules for Thee but Not for Mee, suckahs! Like the young lady said: "I said live it or live with it!"
    Politicians have this down to an unconscious exercise of the book 'Rules for Radicals' credo "Accuse the 'other' of that which we ourselves do. Taught to and adored by the likes of the wonderful Hillary C and Barry Soetoro Obama. Whozits, the authors name escapes me but he spawned our current crop of dingbat politicians and may well be the godfather of Build Back Better, along with it's corollary 'but first we gonna wreck this shit up!' Good Times. Invigorating.

#44     Mar 19, 2022
  5. pinabetal

pinabetal

Roflmao

#45     Mar 19, 2022
  6. pinabetal

pinabetal

Yeah but it appears you ain’t at least not on their board it appears.

#46     Mar 19, 2022
  7. pinabetal

pinabetal

I do not like their support services and their ranting.

#47     Mar 19, 2022
    xdsawzsecsq and MidKnight like this.
  8. Thanks for the discussion. I particularly enjoyed Grantx's communications analysis and will be looking to see what I'd need to do to leave Sierra Chart at the end of my current term.

#48     Mar 19, 2022
    Grantx likes this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

How long have you been with them?

#49     Mar 19, 2022
  10. NoahA

NoahA

I want to put this out there. I am very happy using the software and I don't know what else I could use since I'm too lazy to learn anything new. A 30% increase is very high, but we are talking about going from $30-35 per month perhaps to what, $45? A $15 increase for a trader is breaking the bank?

If you're building a house and lumber goes up 10%, then sure, you might incur an additional 10k or 20k in costs which makes you maybe want to switch suppliers. But is a monthly subscription really that much of a drain if it works like it should and you like that you know how to use it? If it stops working with your broker, then fine, good enough reason to leave. Maybe if they don't support your data vendor anymore, then perhaps another good reason. But as much as a price increase sucks, I don't know how much effort I want to put into finding something new to save a $15 price increase.

I think its crazy to read all the political shit they get into as well, but I have to say, I'm happy with my charts and I love the consistency of my workflow.

#50     Mar 19, 2022
    onejester and MAXDEAN like this.