Sierra Chart Replay

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by FCXoptions, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Does anybody know if Sierra Chart or one of the other companies offers something where you can go back and actually practice by watching prices like it is real time?

So for example I missed most of the action today. Is there a way I can go back to earlier this morning and basically click play and then watch the price action as it takes place? I was trying to find out on their site but wasn't sure. This could definitely help me out in my trading I feel like.

Thanks for any help!

2. Schaefer

Schaefer

Yes, you can do that with Sierra charts. You could also trade in simulation mode, while it is being played back. You could also adjust, most any speed you'd like for the play back. You could also play back only one chart window, or the entire work book.

I love Sierra Charts :)

Schaefer

3. I just found the answer to my question lol. Thanks for the response. That is what I am really looking for is a way to play back the charts and sim trade them like it is real time. And did I also read correctly on their site that you do not have to get your data from somewhere else? So if I don't have a futures account I can still be fine and just get my data straight from them?

This is going to be VERY helpful!

4. Schaefer

Schaefer

Yes, you could get historical data straight from them. You just have to subscribe the package, that includes the data plan. The built in chart trader is quite nice, you'll like it.

Schaefer

5. Just purchased 2 months of Sierra Chart Package 3 to give it a good test run. I did the trial a few months back but I didn't have a chance to really try any of the features out. I wasn't sure if the first package included the data or not since I don't have quotes already from anywhere. I decided to just go with the middle of the road since it was only a little more a month.