Sierra Chart, Ninja Trader and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 30, 2018.

1. schweiz

schweiz

She surely is family from JSOP...(his/her great grandmother?)

BTW "frugal" has a different meaning for poor people then for rich people.

Frugal in trading means spent what is needed for optimal result.
    So spent $60-100 extra for a better datafeed, and resulting in better profits, is frugal.
    It is called "investment", not a waste of money. But misers see all expenses as wasted money.

#61     Dec 4, 2018
    RedDuke and jl1575 like this.
  2. JSOP

JSOP

I don't understand why trolls just can't accept that Ninja Trader is a data seller. LOL What's so bad being a data seller? LOL Lots of software companies make their software to be a software or platform when in fact they are just in the business to sell data by making their software unusable unless you buy 3rd-party data just like Ninja Trader does and they are fine with it. Why the fuss with Ninja Trader? Because those software don't have 3rd-party partners like Ninja Trader that sell custom indicators/strategies that rely on Ninja Trader so if Ninja Trader is seen as a data seller, then they are scared people would be put off by it and won't buy it so they go through extensive length to try to defend it. Really pathetic! LOL

You are what you are through your action of relentlessly and senselessly defending Ninja Trader, that's proof enough. If you are just a user, why show such enthusiasm? Nobody else cares that much.

#62     Dec 4, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Spending 0 to use IB's data through Ninja Trader is all that is needed for optimal results. $100 is NOT needed. You can still spend it but it's not needed especially when Ninja Trader hasn't sabotaged IB's data on purpose in the first place. Nice peddaling!

#63     Dec 4, 2018
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Actually Ninja Trader does NOT provide data. It broadcasts data that it receives from various brokers and sells data from other data providers for a cut. No Ninja Trader is not a data seller. It's a data distributor. It does take money to make money but I would rather spend money on the capital that I trade with rather than on unnecessary and overpriced data which some people don't understand. Better work on your salesman skill! Schweiz is doing better than you.

#64     Dec 4, 2018
  5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

This is in response to JSOP's ludicrous assertions.

For the record:

1. Kinetick is a brand owned and operated by NinjaTrader and yes, we make money from it
    2. Does NinjaTrader introduce inaccurate data into other data feeds in an attempt to redirect customers to Kinetick --> Absolutely not

#65     Dec 6, 2018
    Overnight and schweiz like this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Ray,

It is useless to explain anything to JSOP, he is a typical troll. No argument or evidence will be enough for him.

He accused me to be 3rd party vendor for Ninja, hehe. The simple thought that when a customer loves a product and just wants to spread a good word, never crossed his mind.

Cheers,
    redduke

#66     Dec 6, 2018
    schweiz and NinjaTrader_Ray like this.
  7. I am a long term NinjaTrader customer and recently began using Sierra Chart for trading the BitMEX.

At first glance, I thought it was crap. It looked very outdated, and just plain ugly.

Then I began using it, and I have to admit, I was shocked at the depth of the software's functionally and how well thought out everything was.

In the world of trade, SC is hands down the best example I've come across for not judging a book by it's cover. Highly recommended!

#67     Jan 10, 2019
    ybfjax likes this.
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

Just curious what lack of features in Ninja made you look else where

#68     Jan 10, 2019
  9. No support for cryptocurrencies would be #1.

Also, I don't like Ninja's charting graphics. Looking at them strains my eyes. Sierra's are much crisper and clearer.

Chart functionality can be aggravating as well. Like zooming in or zooming out for example. This basic chart function with NT is a pain.

Additionally NT feels bloated compared to Sierra, which is so refreshingly light. I have yet to experience it slowing down for anything.

#69     Jan 10, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

The chart graphics thingy causing eyestrain, that's probably just a color issue. You can change that readily on your charts so there is no stain for your eyes.

The "zoom" function you speak of? Are you talking about the tool which makes you draw boxed around an area to get a closer look? That is quickly achieved by holding left click the mouse up and down on price. and left-to-right on time, and clicking the little "F" on the box in the upper-right corner, used in conjunction with the scrollbar. I never noticed it to be a problem. I can get to an close up view of two days ago on a chart's congestion very quickly.

No tribble at all.

As for it being bloated? It certainly is that, and it has SERIOUS journaling bugs. (Of course, I am still on NT7. NT8 is just the suck compared to 7 on interface alone.)

#70     Jan 10, 2019
    ybfjax likes this.