Sierra Chart, Ninja Trader and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 30, 2018.

1. schweiz

schweiz

If you Google "I have car X with problem Y", you will find hundreds of similar problems everywhere. It will look like the whole world has the same problem.
    But at the same time you can find that from that cars 100,00"s were sold and had no problems. Are all these people then idiots? Or maybe the majority has no problems?

The same questions can be asked about any software, hardware, or anything else.
    There seem to be around 60,000 "Ninjatraders" and almost nobody has remarks about what you explain. When I read this thread you seem to be the only one with that problem.

Put your problem on the Ninja forum and watch how many other people have the same problem. If people have the same problam as you it will appear there in no time as thousands of users come there. The less people will react, the less it will be a Ninja problem, and vice versa.
    You cannot make any objective judgment based on the only experience from just 1 person.

So the conclusion till now is: Ninjatrader is a bad program for YOU.

#31     Dec 2, 2018
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Dude stay off what ever you using :). Your post makes no sense at all. What are you talking about what data spikes? Data seller???? Ninja is charting and trading platform. You clearly have some grudge and for some reason filled with hate towards them. I told you I had 3 data feeds, 2 matched identiavally and 1 was slightly off. That means something is wrong with that data feed.

#32     Dec 2, 2018
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

You missed my point completely, you weird disdain for ninja and yours only spikes issue makes you read into things. What I meant had nothing to do with Ninja. I was talking about the fact if serious money are on the line you can not rely on your local ISP no matter how powerful your home PC is.

#33     Dec 2, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

What I don't like about Kinetick is that there is no possibility to first calculate your REAL total bill.
    Other datafeed providers have many times a tool where you can first select what you wish and see the detailed total price.
    Kinetick does not have that option. That's also why I did not take Kinetick but Iqfeed. They missed maybe a new client (I was 20 years with Esignal).

#34     Dec 2, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

You obviously have no clue what I am talking about. It's not even something that you trade or ever worked with. Ok so not wasting more time on you. Anyway people just needs to be aware what Ninja Trader truly despite what it tries to appear to be.

#35     Dec 2, 2018
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Ninja Trader's data spikes issue is a known issue. There are already two forum threads dedicated to this problem:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/for...lse-price-spikes-occuring-with-ib-forex/page2

https://ninjatrader.com/support/for...ith-ib-connection?t=85252&highlight=marcel-nl

And since I was having this issue with forex price feed, apparently the problem is not confined to just forex data, here is a forum thread that is talking about the same problem with futures data:

https://futures.io/reviews-brokers-...pikes-peregrine-financial-group-pfg-feed.html

You know what? This is everybody's problem except YOU. People did discuss it in length already on NT forum. and obviously the only solution to it is just to buy 3rd-party data. LOL

#36     Dec 2, 2018
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

On the contrary I know exactly what forex spikes are. Forex was the first market I ever really traded apart from .com mania in late 90s. Forex on retail level is a virtual game so too speak. If you read fine print, most forex brokers tell you outright that they can quote different customers different prices at the same time. It was ages ago, but it took me a year to realize that trading forex is a losers game. Currency futures is the way to go. Agree with you about not wasting any more time on each other.

Best of luck.

#37     Dec 2, 2018
  8. JSOP

JSOP

Price data spikes have nothing to do with different brokers having different quotes, two totally different issues. Price spikes did not come from the broker; it came from Ninja Trader. The same forex price from IB at the same time on Sierra Charts or MultiCharts would not have price spikes. How do you explain that? Again you just revealed you have no idea what you are talking about and is just throwing s*** around.

And apparently this problem is not just confined to forex. It happens with futures data too. Futures is traded on central exchanges so different brokers quote different prices too? LOL.

https://futures.io/reviews-brokers-...pikes-peregrine-financial-group-pfg-feed.html

#38     Dec 2, 2018
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

I thought you said you not replying to me anymore Anyway keep believing whatever you want to believe. 10 years using Ninja gives me all confidence in its quality I will ever need.

#39     Dec 2, 2018
  10. JSOP

JSOP

I thought you wouldn't reply to somebody who doesn't want to waste their time on you anymore but I was wrong. Since you love me so much, I can't help but responding back to you to set somethings right especially when your comments is so ignorant and clueless. Yeah 10 years of paying for overpriced unnecessary 3rd-party data, of course you have no problem. Just more the proof that Ninja Trader is nothing but a data seller. Thanks for agreeing with me. LOL

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    #40     Dec 2, 2018