Sierra Chart, Ninja Trader and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Can you tell us, which one you like most?

#101     Sep 9, 2019
  2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

For one size fits all I would choose the free E-Futures Int'l which is our white label of OEC trader.
    It has nice tools and quick DOM for day traders, nice server side advanced orders for swing traders and very nice option chain as well as greeks and ability to place options spreads for option traders.
    If you have very specific style/needs than the answer will vary.
    For charts I think sierra is best value for your $$.
    If you are into order flow, I like bookmap.
    For auto trading I would use multicharts and or CQG IC ( the one I use but it is expensive).
    There is also a relatively new platform we will be offering shortly called Orion Trader which I have seen recently when the CEO came to visit and i was very impressed! has ability to run auto strategies in plug and play feature, great DOM, nice charts, has options and can trade stocks and futures from the same screen on quality platform.
    So it really depends on the trader, what vehicle he needs, what markets he/she trades, style of trading and specific needs but hope what I shared above helps!

#102     Sep 9, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Canon Trading already has a direct connection in MotiveWave (supported broker). If you think Sierra Charts is the best value for the $$, then you haven't looked at MotiveWave recently. Our version 6 has a tremendous amount of new functionality surrounding DOM, order flow, and many other features.

#103     Sep 9, 2019
    heispark and themickey like this.
  4. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Leigh, you are absolutely right! We have more than a few clients using Motivewave with diff. connections and I have 100% satisfaction rate from these clients. We offer a demo and are very happy with MotiveWave as well as other platforms i did not mention. Like I said it comes down to specific needs of the trader.

#104     Sep 9, 2019
    themickey and MotiveWave like this.
  5. Adraste

Adraste

I'm sorry to say that, but I disagree entirely when you try to compare motivewave to sierra chart.
    I have a motivewave licence, but I don't use the platform anymore at all, except from time to time when I want to check the new features.

For example, you say in many posts that the dom is equivalent to sierra chart, this cannot be true : it is not possible to change the ladder font colors, it is not possible to have a background only coloring a limited number of depth (not the entire column), inability to recenter all doms because it only recenters the active one, it is impossible to show the pnl in anything else than currency value, the price cannot be formated in different way, and so on, not even mentioning the absence of cumulative last traded size which is still used by many traders coming from xtrader.

Another thing that some traders will actively consider is the absence of integrated spreadsheet and the java coding which is really not saving ressources on the machine (i could run 100 charts on 2 instances of Sierra chart without even using as much ressources as a single chart on MW does!).

I don't say it is not a good platform, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it, but it is not even close to what SC offers, and I'm not only talking about charting here (historical datas is another main difference).

#105     Sep 19, 2019
    T-Mex likes this.
  6. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Thank you for your feedback. Please see above for some comments in blue. For the items that I've noted as Currently True, these seem like they are pretty easy/small enhancements to make. I've put them in as feature requests.

#106     Sep 19, 2019
    CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  7. If only swing and day trading stocks, which software would you recommend? Ninja, Sierra or Motivewave? Is there a need for a third party platform at all when trading over IB and using Tradingview for charting? If Tradingview could connect to IB, it would be perfect for me.

#107     Sep 21, 2019
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

You can not go wrong with ninja and ib for trading and kinetick or iqfeed for data.

#108     Sep 21, 2019
  9. #109     Oct 5, 2019
  10. Can you trade equities and equity options in ambibroker?

#110     Apr 3, 2020