Sierra Chart, Ninja Trader and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by hurricane_sh, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Below are two comparison charts, one for ninjatrader, the other for sierra chart.

Notice how low the resolution is on ninja is. Specifically look at the moving averages, and how blurry they are and in certain places, are almost transparent. Just awful.

Now compare to Sierra Chart. The moving averages are high resolution, crisp and clear. And the OHLC bars look perfect. Just the way they should look.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    #91     Feb 2, 2019
  2. KeLo

KeLo

It is very subtle, but I can see a difference, even with my computer-straining eyes.

P.S. I also prefer hollow candlesticks.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    #92     May 14, 2019
  3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has had hollow candlesticks forever.

#93     May 20, 2019
    heispark likes this.
  4. Does Sierra Charts offer Autotrendlines and Auto Support/Resistance as i get it with NT 8 and Motivewave? I find these extremly helpful and time-saving.

#94     Sep 6, 2019
  5. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

As of right now, Sierra charts does not offer Auto Trendlines. https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=29318

#95     Sep 6, 2019
  6. KeLo

KeLo

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    #96     Sep 7, 2019
    CannonTrading_Ilan likes this.
  7. heispark

heispark

What really need to Sierra is hiring a proper designer. It looks like their product and website stopped updating their design 30 years ago........ At first I considered Sierra but their horrible design soon made me turn away and select MotiveWave instead. I also like Mac native app. Ninja and Tradestation were out of consideration from the beginning as they are no longer open platforms. I don't like broker dependency.

#97     Sep 7, 2019
  8. KeLo

KeLo

I do agree with you that SC could use better marketing. They seem to depend on word of mouth advertising.

In my experience, a fancy website and glitzy platform is just a "dog and pony show." It doesn't make you any money. It makes the them money.

What is key IMHO is stability and functionality (latency, flexibility, CPU and RAM efficiency, etc). SC is excellent in this regard.

But the only way to really know for yourself is to try it out.

#98     Sep 7, 2019
    apdxyk and heispark like this.
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

While Ninja has their own brokerage, you not limited to just them. Platform is open to trade with other brokers as well.

#99     Sep 7, 2019
    heispark likes this.
  10. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

Ninja is a good software, wish they would have not limited which brokers and which clients can use diff. brokers but it is a business decision and I respect that. If you have a life time license before July 2014 you can use almost ANY broker who can connect your ninja ( normally over the CQG backend) if not you are limited to very few brokers like IB and few others that Ninja astill allow to offer their software.
    As a broker and a trader, I have a few other platforms i personally prefer over Ninja but have many clients who really like Ninja.

#100     Sep 8, 2019
    ybfjax and heispark like this.