Sierra Chart is free til 12/5

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by prox, Nov 21, 2002.

1. prox

prox

2. Anbody have the sign in procedure for the free trial on sierra charts until 12-5?

I thought I saw it on the site but can't find it.

TIA

Cracked

3. bora

bora

Just download the software and press the free trial button. You can only use data of three stocks (IBM,MSFT,DJI).

4. bora

bora

What do you think is better: Sierrachart ($40 six months) or Medved Quote tracker? Sierrachart looks good, but if you can get the same stuff for free, why pay?

5. Appreciate the response, however, I trade the minis so that really doesn't do me much good. I think i may have found the user name (chartdemo)and password (123456). Guess I'll find out friday.

Later,

Cracked

6. I have quotetracker and would like to see what Sierra has to offer. What is is ~$5.75/month. Not really significant if ithas something that I prefer.

Quotetracker is really good for a free program.

7. QT has pretty charts but you can see only the current day -how can you trade w/o historical charts?

8. Good point, precisely why I switched from QT to SC.

9. prox

prox

Sierra is slightly nicer , and when they come out with tick charts there won't be much comparison. Also, they have a boatload of indicators and can do indicator overlayed on top of each other in the same window (good for a fast sto + slow sto slingshot setup). Also a little more user friendly, but takes maybe a week to figure out how to use it well.

QT is more user friendly for new people and their portfolio setup is very nice .. and works with a ton of brokerages.

10. QT is absolutely great for a free program.... and the tech support is awesome - probably the best ive had anywhere. the lack of historical charts is a real bummer and ill probably go to SC after first of year.

going to maui first:)

#10     Nov 27, 2002