Sidewalk Rage: Mental Illness or 'Altruistic Punishment?'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Feb 18, 2011.

1. For some researchers of sidewalk rage and IED, finding out what sparks the rage and how to treat these people’s anger issues are key to finding a solution to and better understanding the phenomenon.

-----------------------------

People's anger issue, ha piece of cake. A larger percentage of our population is overwieght. They do not eat hellthy. They feel like shit and consequently are constipated. They are angry. But this only addresses the health aspect.....of anger.

Really though, it's varying degrees of attention, anger and power.

People today feel powerless, so they snag power wherever they can. I can make someone move out of my way if I remain in their way, I can walk slowly so people will notice me, I got da power.

Don't take it personal.

As far as IED Intermittant explosive disorder, woo hoo, now I have a name for things that piss me off and what to do about it. Seek help and get drugs.

They just put up a new store near me. Electric sliding doors at the entrance. Guess what? They do not open fast enough for anyone that enters, part two? Only one person can pass through at a time. So the enters and exiters are constantly saying"'scusee" (it's an Italian joint). seriously, is this the best our builders can do?

There are a shitload of these minor annoyances in our life, if you ask me, they are by design just to irrate people. It's a gov't plot, it's that dagburn George bush;s fault.

#11     Feb 18, 2011
  2. How many over fifty, raise your hands ...HA! Curmudgenly old farts we are. Either we're just looking for an excuse to rediscover our barks or we're more accommodating than the rest of the world and we can't understand why it doesn't reciprocate in kind. Here's another one. When I'm on a freeway and approaching an on ramp, I'll always change lanes to the left
    and allow the car to get on, I'm sure you've experienced the timing I'm talking about there. Why doesn't the rest of the world do that?

#12     Feb 18, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

I drove a 7000 pound $500 International Harvester Van for a long time... I'd just get on the freeway anyhow, those bastards that come jamming up the right lane and act like they are oblivious, they are not at all, they just have uncooperative natures...

There is a psych thingy with which you can size somebody up, the acronym is OCEAN, O=Open to new experience, C=Conscientious, E=Extraverted, A=Agreeable, and N=Neurotic... you can get to know somebody a little and it's easy to fill in ratings or a description in each of those categories.. some people fail in the Agreeable and the Conscientious, I like to just try to help them to self destruct if it's at all possible.. in the corporate setting where we were all trapped with each other, I'd go to work on their blood pressure; insults and bullying and whatnot would get them to avoid me eventually... hee hee, some of them would always drink the coffee and never make some, I wanted to cut out caffeine so I made decaf all day every day for weeks, they were all with the headaches and nodding off at their desks... then I was off coffee and I made the regular stuff again and they were all going nuts..

#13     Feb 19, 2011
  4. vinc

vinc

check for mercury levels in your body ..I was surprised myself when I read a paper on mercury where it said that elevated mercury levels might cause that phenomenon ..serious :)

#14     Feb 19, 2011