Sidetracker System

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Sep 28, 2003.

1. ...tell a country boy what MOC is, please?

#21     Sep 28, 2003
  2. Sorry....I spell you screen name wrong......

MOC= Market on Close RTH session 15:15 cst.

Michael B.

#22     Sep 28, 2003
  3. hmm so electric if that 90% win system works... why not trade it???? i dont understand. or it doesnt work?:) also have you actually papertraded what you're suggesting or you want others to do the testing for you?

#23     Sep 28, 2003
  4. Thank you for voicing your concerns.

Yes I have traded the 90% system.

No I will not test the system in the opening post of this thread.

If I commit to trade the system for you will you help me?

Michael B.

#24     Sep 28, 2003
  5. You see, I have been trying to be polite to hypotomus. I really do not know why you folks are fixed on this opening trade?

Michael B.

#25     Sep 28, 2003
  6. Hippopotomus would you consider changing your screen name?

michael B.

#26     Sep 28, 2003
  7. Electric savant,

I've been thinking about something similar to this for a while.

I think if you went with a 1 point target, and 3 point stop, you'd win about 67% of your first trades.

If your stopped out, you reverse your position with a 5 point target and a 15 point stop.

If your stopped out a third time, you reverse position with a 21 point target and a 63 point stop. Or you exit on close.

Using this strategy you'd have to win your money back about 99% of the time.

Entry criteria is almost random except for the fact that you're reversing in the direction of the immediate movement which in effect makes it a momentum strategy.

Obviously you can keep reversing forever. They comes a point when your bould to loose everything.

Whether it can break even after costs I'm not sure. But it's an interesting idea.

Runningbear

#27     Sep 28, 2003
  8. Your not joking with me are you?

I had not thought of this. You are using the correct ratio or at least the one I prefer (1:3).

Something seems wrong with your model, but I can't put my finger on it.

Michael B.

#28     Sep 28, 2003
  9. How would you treat reaching the target? Would you enter a continuation trade?

The third reversal seems meaningless with that wide bracket. It just an entry with an MOC exit isn't it?

Michael B.

#29     Sep 28, 2003
  10. Do you have the stats on the second trade....on those days (33% of the time) what percentage would be winning trades on that second tier.

Michael B.

#30     Sep 28, 2003