Sick... Raccoon Dogs Skinned Alive in China to Make Fake Boots

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CoolTraderDude, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

It is deeply disturbing to know that there is this many sociopaths casually walking among us.

#21     Oct 5, 2011
  2. GRECHA

GRECHA

that is just awful to watch.

#22     Oct 5, 2011
  3. jj90

jj90

I'm with everyone on this thread on this being wrong, they should kill the animal before harvesting the fur, but are you guys gonna cry your bleeding hearts out or do something about it? A lot of posts of PETA armchair QBs here.

#23     Oct 5, 2011
  4. Crispy

Crispy

The China / USA relationship is far from fair trade. Those fuckers unpeg and its all over but the crying and they know it.

Amongst friends in 2008 I was predicting that America would soon be moving towards protectionist type policies. That is happening right now. We will be taxing imports heavily soon. No more cheap shit but we bring the industry/jobs back to our ghost towns.

The next step is reverting back to isolationism. Once we pull troops out of a few of these bush wars (not president Bush :) ). I dont think this happens for another 4 years or so...but im hoping sooner. Start funneling those dollars into the homeland infrastructure. Fuck it - according to the world everything is our fault anyways. Let them take care of themselves.

We really have no choice in the matter. We need these moves to maintain our position in the world. Its that or we are Rome in the 1300`s.

These two actions will make us great again.

#24     Oct 5, 2011
  5. i like peta.

doesnt everyone?

the last chinaman I trusted was kwai chang caine

[​IMG]

#25     Oct 5, 2011
  6. This makes me so sad.It hurts my heart seeing innocent defenseless animals being abused like this :(

#26     Oct 6, 2011
  7. Like I said earlier I'm boycotting anything made in China... It will be really hard to do considering how many things are made there. But I'll be going out of my way to avoid buying Chinese products... Besides I should have done this a long time ago.

Also, why the hell isn't the CEO of Ugg boots going apeshit over this...? I mean, this is the perfect opportunity to slam the counterfiters that are costing the company millions... You'd think they'd try to defend their brand name wouldn't you...?

Yeah, I agree...

We need to at least stop the Chinese from blatantly cheating. Even if we don't do the rest of what you say... I'm all for isolationism...!

#27     Oct 6, 2011

8. Umm, an American company trademarked "Ugg" boots, and screwed and sued over dozens of small Australian manufacturers, who were never big enough to fight the Chinese for faking.
    So yeah, they spent big, big money defending the name against actual traditional manufacturers, over a name they had no true right to......(common usage) .

Trying to legally fight the Chinese fakes industry is like trying to sue water for being wet, I agree in principle to the boycott idea, but it's not straight forward.

#28     Oct 7, 2011
  9. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Personally I would avoid everything make of furs. The chance of cruelty to animals is high. I would also avoid eating lobsters. I can’t stand they are being cooked alive. Yet it is condoned here.

#29     Oct 7, 2011
  10. hoffmanw

hoffmanw

Don't be a hypocrite. You should become a vegetarian. The meats you eat come from slaughterhouses. The chances of animals being skinned alive in the slaughterhouses are high.

....For her book Slaughterhouse, Gail Eisnitz, chief investigator for the Humane Farming Association (HFA), interviewed slaughterhouse workers in the U.S. who say that, because of the speed with which they are required to work, animals are routinely skinned while apparently alive, and still blinking, kicking, and shrieking. Eisnitz argues that this is not only cruel to the animals, but also dangerous for the human workers, as cows weighing several thousands of pounds thrashing around in pain are likely to kick out and debilitate anyone working near them.[7]....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaughterhouse#Animal_welfare_concerns

"
    ..........Many are still alive while they are skinned, hacked into pieces, or scalded in the defeathering tanks....

http://bruinsforanimals.org/?p=why

#30     Oct 7, 2011