Sick of sitting in a chair all day!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bat1, May 22, 2010.

1. Midas

Midas

I have been trading for the better part of 10 years. A year ago I got fed up with sitting all day and got a trek desk (see link bellow) At first I did it about 5 hours a day at a slow 2 mph pace so I could still read and work without any issues. I now only log 5 miles per day on it during the trading day. I would recomend it to any one.

http://www.trekdesk.com/index.html

Things to take into consideration:

1)It is good to have a "proper" desk and workstation in addition to the tredmill. There will be times that you want to sit and work.

2)I noticed vision problems when I spend long hours over 2.5 mph.

3) You can build your own if you are inclined to do such things and save a bundle of money. Simply by a treadmill and build a desk that is high enough to sit over the treadmill.

#21     May 23, 2010
  2. Don't forget to water the potted plant on top of your adjustable table on top of your pc.

#22     May 23, 2010
  3. I run 4 miles every morning and walk a few laps around the mall every Saturday and check out the women I can't have ...

#23     May 23, 2010
  4. Does anyone have any experience with those kneeling chairs mentioned earlier? I seem to be developing piriformis syndrome, aka sciatic nerve entrapment, and the length of time I can sit in a normal chair is getting really short. My legs start to go numb and ache after only an hour or so, and that is on a pretty good office chair. The stretches you can do actually help, but not enough.

I am getting desperate! I gotta think of something.

#24     May 24, 2010
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

#25     May 24, 2010