Sick Feeling

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JORGE, Mar 21, 2003.

1. You are totally right, but these comments still do not make us wrong. We have the "it is what it is mentality" where women put in all the what ifs. To me hope is a disease.

Comp

#41     Mar 21, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

We tried to do the MANLY thing and trade, but we stunk because of thinking of the events too much expecting disaster were way too quick on the exits. Down 1K for the week. Teaches ME not to trade on the news. Or when I feel emotional about something like war. My negativity comes out in my bottom line.
    I do not think this is a moral issue, but a personal one.
    Trading at times like this is for the heartless macho types.
    Go right ahead. Be my guest.:(

#42     Mar 21, 2003
  3. I think you misunderstand my position.

I am not against people doing their jobs. I am not against soldiers doing their jobs of dropping bombs.

Taking pride in a job well done is one thing. Taking pleasure in seeing people suffer is not a job requirement.

I traded today, and during the process, felt no joy in the bombing process, nor do I take pleasure in the process of war. I am not going to break out some beers to watch our boys kick Iraqi ass and wave the flag. Our leadership, who initiated this conflict, would find that kind of behavior inhumane and repugnant.

War is a necessary evil and needed while living on an uncivilized planet.

However, treating this war like a football game in which you made money by betting on the winning team, as you are trading is sick and a sign of moral degradation.

We do our jobs, sometimes we don't have to like the job we have to do.

Anyone who takes pleasure in the act of war, should be making their living fighting in them.

Can't these self centered traders, even for one moment, even feel anything for the families of soldiers who have already sacrificed their lives to that the traders have the freedom to trade?

Go tell the widow of a soldier that you made money trading the war rally, and that you celebrated by having some brewskis and watching us kick some ass.

See how she responds. See how any rational, adult, mature, well adjusted, loving person would respond to such behavior.

We are supposed to be morally superior to Hussein and the terrorists, not replicating their sick and twisted thinking.

#43     Mar 21, 2003
  4. Well, in that case, women are overly-emotional and cry at the stupidest things! I don't think you can say that about men. We have feelings. We cry. We just don't do it because the dress we bought got a rip after a long day at the office. We suck it up and swallow the pain and move forward.

We're gatherers and hunters and you are nurturers. That's the way evolution designed it. If we cried every time the deer got away from us as cavemen we wouldn't be here today. We take a scrape or a cut and we suck it up. That term, "be a man" means to suck it up. That's how we were brought up, so women can't get upset with us if we don't exactly express our emotional sides all the time.

:)

#44     Mar 21, 2003
  5. Very well said.

#45     Mar 21, 2003
  6. I know you don't really believe that macho bullshit Aphie.

#46     Mar 21, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I wish somebody could explain all the boo-hoo about casualties of war while nobody pays the slightest attention to those who are struck down by drunk drivers or to children who are beaten to death by abusive parents.

How much of the sadness is truly felt and how much of it is just fashionable?

--Db

#47     Mar 21, 2003
  8. ugh!!!

:mad:

#48     Mar 21, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

See what I mean.....two different planets.

right now I am in tears because I missed the damn rally.....because I am such an emotional basket case
    snif, snif
    :p

#49     Mar 21, 2003
  10. That is the question of the day, you are so right and these are my thought exactly.

#50     Mar 21, 2003