Sick Feeling

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JORGE, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Pulease! Give it a rest, people die and how you or anybody on this board feels is totally irrelevant. Loose the emotions. How would you feel if it was us on our soil, worse right? Count you blessings. I never felt worse than when I saw that first plane hit the WTC and from that point on I knew that we had some major work ahead of us. Don't be sad becouse we are doing the right thing for our people. It is waht needs to be done.

Comp

#31     Mar 21, 2003
  2. TGregg

TGregg

You are not though. Trade or don't trade, you have exactly the same effect on the world in general and Iraq in specific as trading on any other day.

#32     Mar 21, 2003
  3. How we feel is irrelevant to those who die, true.

How we feel about the world around us is what determines our degree of humanity and civilization.

I listed to a former officer in the Iraqi army, who escaped in 1996 from Saddam.

The stories he told of Saddam we unimaginable. He told stories of Hussein having people killed and tortured during his meal time, because he took pleasure in watching, it was a spectator sport to him.

Hearing that people want to grab some beers and watch the bombing as if they are watching a sporting event, no matter if our side is righteous in the process, is still an indicator of a lack of their human evolution toward some degree of humanity.

The enemy must be stopped, I agree. Killed as a last resort yes. But taking pleasure in that process is the sign of a sick and primitive mind.

#33     Mar 21, 2003
  4. For starters, no body likes killing but in the event that it is for our protection fuck every body anything that stands in our way. Anybody who hasn't ran to the hills in Iraq is a moron. Call it inhumane I call it survival of the fittest. Maybe I am a little brash but I have a no turning back type attitude and when you start something you must complete it without any of the lady like emotions that can pop up in your head. This reminds me of people who live with regret, why do that to yourself? You have a job and you just do it, nothing more nothing less.

Some say and eye for an eye, I say an eye for you and your family and anybody that you know!

Comp

#34     Mar 21, 2003

5. What would you think of a parent who takes pleasure in disciplining their children?

Ever hear a parent say, "This is going to hurt me, more it does you."

Why? Because they don't enjoy inflicting pain. It is necessary. It takes courage, it is the right thing to do, no question. It is in the best interest of the child in the long run.

I don't doubt that our actions in Iraq are right, just, and in the long run for the best.

That doesn't mean I don't feel during the process, or feel for those who are dying or suffering who did nothing to cause me or my country pain other than having Iraqi citizenship.

#35     Mar 21, 2003

6. I've given up on these guys about morality, OPTIONAL777. It happened when I raised similar issues right after 9/11. To them, they are no more than "collateral damage"; worse yet, this so-called "war" is no different from a game of Quake. This generation has been so desensitized to the horrors of war and violence.

stock.

#36     Mar 21, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Optional
    Men as a group are about as sensitive as a rock.
    When a man is thoughtful, the apes sneer at him.
    Go scratch your armpits macho guys and bash each other over the head with a coconut.

Cathy
    :p

#37     Mar 21, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

You are one shitzo mo-fuck.....How many 180 degree turns can you possibly muster up. You dont even know which side of the fence you will be on tomm. But, I have to agree with you, you are a trader and this is money making time...but it is truly sad that you can celebrate this type of destruction even when 2 months ago you were talking a different tune........peace and ching- ching

#38     Mar 21, 2003
  9. To each there own and yes I agree with your discipline comment. But you are comparing national security to child developement. Have you considered that without this war you may not have that child to discipline.

Maybe I am a bit of a jerk in the sense that I have very little reguard to an offeneders life. But in the end I will deffinatelly not loose any sleep over it. This war is justified and once we reiterate our dominance it will make these rock throwers think twice about attacking us.

I hope they go straight for Iran next and do the same.

Comp

#39     Mar 21, 2003
  10. EricP

EricP

I'm not sure if I understand your position, 777. Sounds to me that you are suggesting that all traders 'take the day off' due to the events in the middle east???

I agree entirely with candle and alpie... Our JOBS are trading... That's how we make a living. In your eyes, should the real estate agents stop working today, as well? And the hamburger flippers at McDonalds? And the police officers, I suppose?

Our jobs are to trade, and to make money. I am no monster, but I fully agree and endorse what candle has said, that emotions must be fully eliminated while in a trade. That's called doing your job, and doing it properly. You should NOT work today, only if you are unable to properly do your job because of world events, whether it be flipping burgers, selling real estate or buying/selling securities. The best traders, IMO and without suggesting I am necessarily one of them, are able to do this.

May the war end quickly, successfully and with the least possible loss of life,

-Eric

#40     Mar 21, 2003