Sick Feeling

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JORGE, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Read it again:
    I am emotionally detached from the point of trade entry through to the point of trade exit... what I feel after the trade is over is pretty much an irrelevance to the trade... so if I have feelings of "whoa, nice bombing" or "sigh, innocents dead" after or before the trade, this does not impact on my trade management in the slightest...

#11     Mar 21, 2003

2. hehe :D

#12     Mar 21, 2003
  3. You would twist anything to try to win an argument, wouldn't you.

I would ask you to post the quotes in the entire context of the thread, but that would require some honesty and a degree of intelligence.

You apparently are lacking in both.

Go ahead, yank away.

#13     Mar 21, 2003
  4. alanack

alanack

I had the same thought.

#14     Mar 21, 2003
  5. I don't believe you one bit. I believe you to be intellectually dishonest with me, perhaps because you are intellectually dishonest with yourself.

Show your original comments to any group of rational men, and they can see your selfishness and obliviousness to those service men who defend us, and those innocent who are the victims of their circumstances.

You just confirm that many traders are low forms of life, similar to buzzards and scavengers.

#15     Mar 21, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

I must say that I too feel angered and saddened deeply by the events that I see.

All this mostly because of a few bad apples...

nitro :(

#16     Mar 21, 2003
  7. We're Traders...

We're Humans....

We're detached from these events personally (to the most extent)...

We all have feelings...

Yes, to the starter of this thread, it does feel awkward.

The boys on the NYSE Floor are beside themselves not wanting to show some form of eupohoria or in appropriate joy with these events, and still wrestle with the reality that the markets, SP500's, Gold & Oil are rallying.

One can't help but feel awkward given that these events, even though expected, are the direct contributors to ones gains today, and this week.

#17     Mar 21, 2003
  8. This is a cool thread, which serves to illustrate the importance of the psychological trait of emotional detachment when trading... yes, emotions (negative or positive, depending on the person) are at a high level today, which is precisely WHY such a day provides valuable training in emotional detachment issues...

#18     Mar 21, 2003
  9. ROFL!

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

"Context of the thread"? Give me a break. The bottom line is that "only" 200 innocent people being murdered is quite acceptable to you and justifies the continued release of murderers into society.

I'm not trying to "win" an argument. All there really is left to argue is the precise depth of your hypocrisy, but it is evident that it runs at least to the Marianna Trench.

#19     Mar 21, 2003
  10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I turn off the TV when I trade......regardless of the situation. Just too much distraction even at the best of times.

I can't watch all this horror either. Makes me very sad.:(

#20     Mar 21, 2003