Shroud Of Turin Determined From Time Of Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by pspr, Mar 28, 2013.

1. That's just silly talk.

#41     Mar 29, 2013
  2. jem

jem

then what is it?
    there have been articles talking about the image being most consistent with it being given off by a type of uv light. Only we can reproduce a whole bodies worth of that light because we do not have the power source.

#42     Mar 29, 2013
  3. How would you deduce that it was used at all and wasn't just an unsold linen off some guys' shelf stock? :confused:

#43     Mar 29, 2013
  4. Pseudo-Atheists are very defensive when challenged on their religion....

Maybe because they are not used to challenging it themselves, so they are confused.

But that is ok - because many religious people are that way.

And as we know - there are no atheists.

:D

#44     Mar 29, 2013
  5. Another talking point, which you heard someone else say and I guess you thought it would be clever to repeat over and over again. Same old tactic, can't argue facts so go on attack mode. Not believing in your view of what a god would be is no more of a religion than not believing in leprechauns or time travel or the tooth fairy, no evidence = atheist.

#45     Mar 29, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

Facts? When have you ever shown up to an argument with facts?

#46     Mar 29, 2013
  7. You have no evidence that the theory of an infinite number of universes with an infinite number of possibilities is false.

Schrödinger's cat does not just mean that the cat can be either dead or alive - it means that the cat can be both dead AND alive - just not in the same dimensional universe.

You are arguing against a theory in physics.....

#47     Mar 29, 2013
  8. Actually, no. I came to the realization myself in college that atheists lack self-review and self-criticism.

But I saw many religious people acted the same way, so I attribute it to a human condition rather than specific to one religion.

Religion often has little to do with God. But atheism always has something to do with religion. Because it is one.

#48     Mar 29, 2013
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

God doesn't believe in Atheists! After all, he is the creator of Heaven and Earth who sent his only begotten Son here to die, and wash away people's sin in HIS Son's blood. Those of you with common sense will understand this. Those who are lost? Hell will be a VERY painful ETERNITY.

#49     Mar 29, 2013
  10. BTW - Wily-E was good at anatomy too...

Because if you drive a nail through the Space of Destot, you graze the median nerve in the wrist, and that forces the thumb muscle to seize up and fold the thumb across the palm. Of course, rigor sets in and keeps it there after you are dead.

And the image on the shroud does not show a thumb.

Good work Wily-E......... :D

#50     Mar 29, 2013