SHOW me the person who "fat-fingered" the trade that caused this crash.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wilburbear, May 6, 2010.

1. Il Principe

Il Principe Guest

#11     May 6, 2010
  2. Did anyone go bankrupt today?

I had my best day ever.

#12     May 6, 2010
  3. I know...someone got their low ball limits filled today. It's what dreams are made of. :D

#13     May 6, 2010
  4. I think if you made money or had your best ever day today, you should be worried about your long term trading future. Most expereinced traders on the desk today i know, did not do particularly well.

#14     May 6, 2010
  5. I found him! Here is the guy who pushed the button.

[​IMG]

#15     May 6, 2010
  6. ssaya401

ssaya401

While at lunch I went bankrupt and was back to normal by the time I got back.

Kind of glad I missed that.

God I hope the jobs report is good tomorrow. I'm long and damn it sucks having a cash account waiting for it to settle.

#16     May 6, 2010
  7. You did not comprehend the OP's post and point he/she was making.
    Try again.

#17     May 6, 2010
  8. i agree with the OP- yeah this graph looks terrible on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis- back it out a year-- can you say "profit taking at any cost"?

#18     May 6, 2010
  9. This wouldn't happen. The trade would have been tagged as clearly erroneous and broken. For high $ stocks, anything past 3% from the last verified price is broken. Given the obvious issues with a rule like this, in practice this rule is very much a guideline rather than a strict formula.

Regardless, if you were filled anywhere below 234 or so in aapl, your trade got busted.

#19     May 6, 2010
  10. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Tell us( if you are allowed ).

#20     May 6, 2010