Show me the cuts and smaller government.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Okay now that "Republicans" are getting power, what cuts are coming? What parts of government are shrinking.

Is Medicare plan D gonna get cut? It is a very expensive program.

Or is it business as usual, big government big spending.

2. Well, with all the shuffling, I imagine it will be mostly limited to paper cuts. But it will be interesting to see what they propose. This is reality TV at its finest.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Repealing Forced Healthcare Insurance will save about $1T.

4. and Plan D is another trillion. 2 trillion cut if Republicans remove the old fart subsedy and this healthcare.

2 trillions right there.

Permawars, That would be another nice cut. I wonder how much our IRAQ/Afghanistan nationbuilding is costing us.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Agree, just pull out of both Iraq and Afghanistan immedietely.

Ok, thats maybe $3T. What is the deficit currently?

6. Arnie

Arnie

Well, for starters, lets get our troops out of Europe.

Lets get rid of the Dept of Education...have things improved since this was started? Same with the Dept of Energy. We have only increased our reliance on imported oil. The country did better before these 2 depts were enacted. And do we need a Dept of Homeland Sec? Can't the FBI and state police depts work this out. Do you really feel more secure with some HS drop out in dread locks patting you down? :D

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Agree with all.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Anybody that thinks the republicans or the democrats are actually going to reduce the size of the federal government have drunk too much tea (from Long Island). Republicans want more government too, just not as much as the democrats. Oh sure, we'll get some potential cuts waved around in the air, but once the howls of protest arise those cuts will be tucked away.

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

The military should pull out of s.Korea too.

If they can afford to flood the USA with cars they can afford their own defense. Let them deal with the insane regime to the North.