Shouldnt silver be higher?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by peilthetraveler, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Buy physical silver. Use these manipulations to accumulate bullion at a good price.

#31     Dec 8, 2009
  2. Lethn

Lethn

Honestly, I've been looking at this as well and it is pretty baffling.

This is me purely speaking as a noob but the only thing that I can come up with is that everyone is only focusing on gold right now. If the gold starts running out and another bubble happens I'd imagine that the price of silver will end up going up almost as high as gold as well.

#32     Dec 8, 2009
  3. Silver is just quietly doing its thing. Look at this weekly chart though and you will see that it is no where close to overbought. Once this short term correct is over (maybe 3-4 weeks) then it will take out the highs and the new high will be anybody's guess.

[​IMG]

#33     Dec 8, 2009

4. Which means gold is really worth in the 108 bucks an ounce.

Word is some guy called Nelson Bunker Hunt is planning on cornering the silver market.

#34     Dec 8, 2009
  5. Lethn

Lethn

Trexitle has it, I've been looking at the price quotes I can get my hands on and silver is slowly beginning to go on the rise.

Once people run out of gold to buy silver is likely going to follow. I just hope it will stay low enough for when I get the money I need. :D

#35     Dec 10, 2009
  6. The only problem with silver bullion is that it is so bulky and heavy. It is a lot easier to handle and store 10 one ounce gold American eagles than 600 one ounce silver eagles.

However, I agree that silver is a much better value right now than gold. We also just had a very nice pullback in silver/gold and this may be a good time to buy.

And if the shtf, the average Joe is going to be able to afford silver better than gold, which will cause silver's value to sky-rocket much more than gold.

#36     Dec 11, 2009
  7. ===============

PeT;
    Sounds like a reasonable long term uptrend target [past $50];
    but not today:cool:

Takes awhile for fundamantals to work thier way in the market:D

#37     Dec 14, 2009
  8. #38     Dec 16, 2009
  9. #39     Jan 4, 2010
  10. dear mr golden gorilla

you know what ... you can keep silver down for now

but since I am bidding in both gold and silver waaay lower