Shouldn’t Mitt Romney be ahead by now?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Eight

Eight

Sarah Palin did a great job according to Alaskans but she wasn't ready for the ongoing axe murders that our leftist press/attorneys commit.. The press is going to have a hard time making this VP look bad, the guy is at 6% body fat and he can debate.. compare that to that aging ape we have now for a VP..

This Obama marxist garbage has gotta go.. I can't believe all the Union leaders are down with the Democrats as far left as they have gone, their forebears would roll in their graves if they knew they were hanging in with the commies...

#11     Aug 12, 2012
    #12     Aug 12, 2012
  3. Eight

Eight

Sunday rasmussen poll puts Romney ahead of Obama.... hee hee, normally the incumbent is a shoe in for a second term but we just had the second term... it was Jimmy Carter's though!! Maybe Obama can retire and try to write more books about how he was a great POTUS than Jimmy Carter did.. LOL

#13     Aug 12, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wait huh? I thought we were betting on the election? You want me to bet on a derivative of the election?

Let's bet on the election. I already have two live outstanding bets.

#14     Aug 12, 2012

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#15     Aug 12, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Do you even know what within the margin of error means? LOL. You Italians not so smart. :D

#16     Aug 12, 2012
  7. I offered a bet in response to your statement that McCain was in the lead for 2 weeks

I already have a one month no posting bet with Max on the election .If Romney wins I dont post for 2 months,that would cover a month for you and a month for max

If Obama wins you dont post on ET for a month

#17     Aug 12, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, McCain got that bump on the convention. Do you want to bet on a post election bounce for Romney. I'm sure Romney will get a moderate 4 to 6 pt bump on the republican convention.

McCain had that lead until Palin started magazine gate. And it was all downhill from there.

#18     Aug 12, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

But then I can't rub it in your face if Obama losses. That takes all the fun away. Maybe I get the option to pick any month within 6 months after the election. Letting you squirm away for two months hiding would not be any fun.

#19     Aug 12, 2012
  10. 1.Rasmussen often had Mccain ahead of Obama as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2.Obama is doing better then previous incumbents.Usually the challenger is in the lead in the summer

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/22/do-presidential-polls-break-toward-challengers/

"The other anomaly has been in the summer months — June, July and August. In these months, the polls have tended to low ball the position of the incumbent party’s candidate. In July polls, for instance, the incumbent-party candidate has trailed by an average of 4 points in elections since 1968. However, the incumbent-party candidate has actually won these elections by an average of a little more than 3 points. In other words, there has been a seven-point swing on average toward the incumbent party’s candidate from the July polls until November."

#20     Aug 12, 2012