Should you focus on one stock?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by baller1069, Apr 3, 2008.

1. that's the reason I moved to futures. Just when I would get allthe moves of that on stock down, it would change. I fount the overall markets to be easier to pattern. imo

#11     Apr 3, 2008
  2. It makes sense to just focus on one stock and get to know it - but are most of you guys that are recommending this approach recommending it on a scalping style, lots of trades/day basis?

#12     Apr 3, 2008
  3. dumbgai

dumbgai

it would be a problem on the days your stock doesnt move.

#13     Apr 3, 2008

4. You are correct, as you learn one also try and learn another. Add to your inventory so when your stock is out of play for the day you have one to fall back on.

Some market stocks move everyday. Some trader's can trade multiple stocks at the same time.

#14     Apr 3, 2008
  5. While 1 stock can be restrictive (although with the benefit of playing golf if it isn't moving), a handful of stocks that you are comfortable with during an active market and knowing the stocks average moving range over any time bar you like, a good living can be made. It may be boring, but a good living.

#15     Apr 3, 2008

6. The answer to that problem is to find a stock that moves ... BIDU, FSLR, GOOG etc.

#16     Apr 4, 2008
  7. I'd love to trade BIDu....consitantly for profits, but anyone that really has quality entry strategies, please post. These stocks require deep pockets and lots of pain.

#17     Apr 4, 2008

8. You bet, they move every day no matter what the market does.

#18     Apr 4, 2008

9. Yes, Master a few stocks.

I trade BIDU everyday, it moves big when it does and goes down 20-30 points as well. Daily average range 15 points and you can daytrade the hell out of it. Good premiums on options.

#19     Apr 4, 2008
  10. jsmith

jsmith

That's pretty funny because those are my favorite stocks to trade everyday. Here's my PnL for today.

#20     Apr 4, 2008