Should World Factories Work 12 hours a Day?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, Apr 1, 2011.

Should World Factories Work 12 hours a Day?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. I will discuss with people I know. This needs lots of thinking.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    #21     Apr 2, 2011

2. I know that ....Dick , but i'll spell it out for you , English is not the most spoken language in India and furthermore , what if only 3% of the people speak English ? how will that help you become smart , or a better trader , Dick ?

#22     Apr 2, 2011
  3. You know nothing about India.
    There is no first language in India..Dumbo.

STFU

#23     Apr 2, 2011
  4. Forget India. Think of the world. India's development has come too late.

#24     Apr 2, 2011

5. Bearice you seem like a bright fellow so I will engage. It is unrealistic to propose what you propose, simply because it is unenforceable. I will play the opposition and represent the capitalists.

#25     Apr 2, 2011
  6. I have posted a simple example:

If there is a 200 storey building, you will reach the top of the building by elevator/lift or staircase. If you use elevator you reach the top of the building in 2 minutes and then you have to come down. If you use staircase, you reach the top of the building in 2 hours and then you come down.

#26     Apr 2, 2011
  7. The world is in serious trouble but China and India are thinking of development and growth. They think they are safe from world problems which will not reach them.

I remember some 1 or 2 years back, Indian business people saying "they are safe from world financial problems".

My question is, Is India a closed/isolated economy?

#27     Apr 2, 2011
  8. axxs

axxs

what if u work in a skyscraper and through the course of the day u have to head down to finance department to discuss some budget problems which is 38 stories below ur office and this occurs 3 or 4 times a day?so instead of taking the elevator which might take u about 2 minutes u decide its better to climb down 38 flights of stairs which might take 14 minutes on the way down and 42 minutes on the way up cause ur 300 pound fatass is busy trying not to pass out.then after work u might spend an extra 15 minutes in the shower trying to get the stink of sweat and titty residue off ur body.

also america consumes 25% of the world's oil consumption with about 4.5% of the world's population and 58 billion burgers every year.america consumes 37kilos of meat per person 3 times the average person does in asia and 6 times that of africa.if every country on earth consumes as much as america, we would need about 12 earths to sustain the world's population.how about we nuke america for the greater good of the world?

#28     Apr 2, 2011
  9. Not compatible with capitalism.

"There is one rule for the industrialist and that is: Make the best quality of goods possible at the lowest cost possible, paying the highest wage possible."
    - Henry Ford

#29     Apr 2, 2011
  10. axxs

axxs

not according to china,more like make the lowest quality possible at the cheapest cost possible and someone will buy it

#30     Apr 2, 2011