Should we get rid of the Political Forum ?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by derektrader, Aug 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You gotta have the political threads to help keep most of the pollution out of the other trading related threads.

Yeah, we have more threads not related to trading (e.g. religion & spirituality, sports, health & fitness) and sometimes the same folks try to spill their politics into those other threads.

Yet, if you've been around log enough...you'll know when there was not a "Political" thread section and all that stuff spilled over into the trading related threads. In fact, I believe its one of the reasons out of several that the ET chat room was shut down...folks bringing their political debates into a chat room about real-time trading.

On the flip side, social media and potential sponsors will eventually notice what's going on here @ Elitetrader.com in the political threads and I'm sure its not a pleasant thing to see especially in an environment of heighten social unrest where its common place now to call out website, tweets, facebook and even forums for making a home to bad characters.

Thus, to keep the political section may one day require heavy moderating by people that care less about politics even in an Election year...good luck with that. :D

wrbtrader

#11     Aug 24, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

There was time (probably around 13 or 15 years ago) when politics was not discussed that much on ET.

I think with the rise of social networks, twitter and facebook etc.

Its has become acceptable/fashionable to shitpost about politics.

It was not always so.

#12     Aug 25, 2020
    Bugsy, Axon and smallfil like this.
  3. Facebook and Twitter is the worst thing to happen to the world.

#13     Aug 26, 2020
  4. oh my...would that mean that they would be posting over in the trading threads...I vote no...please give them a place to post their vitriol

#14     Aug 30, 2020
    Bugsy and wrbtrader like this.
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Give them a place to post but after a certain number of message posts / likes in the Political threads...they need to stay there awhile like a quarantine for 14 days to be cleansed between their last post / like before the next post in the regular section to ensure they're not infectious. :D

Every time they log into the forum...they'll see a notice that tells them how long they have left before their quarantine is completed.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    #15     Aug 30, 2020
  6. Baron could administer Elite-19 Tests.

Bend over...

#16     Aug 30, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  7. Axon

Axon

Screenshot_20200831-230001_Chrome.jpg

#17     Aug 31, 2020
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

I think we should get rid of FortunTeller's more racist alt accounts instead.

#18     Sep 4, 2020
    Nine_Ender and destriero like this.
  9. How about getting rid of Here4money?? He is just a race hustler and marginalizes blacks.

#19     Sep 6, 2020
  10. I met people in cults who loved talking about their religion but once you bring up evidence they follow con artists they plugged their ears and covered their eyes like a carnival act. I thought only snowflakes wanted safe spaces, weird how people change when challenged on fragile views.

#20     Sep 6, 2020
    Bugenhagen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.