should we do away with holidays?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Feb 13, 2004.

1. u.s. market holiday on monday (president's day). why exactly do we need the markets closed on monday?!!? seems like bs to me.

what am i supposed to do monday, a book report on a president

2. OK have a civic holiday give the workers a rest but WHY close the financial institutions.

Silly Holiday really if you think about it.

Trade the DAX or the TSE ..... if those volumes picked up and they thought they where losing business they would open exchanges pretty quickly again.:p

3. i'd rather be rid of you gekko

4. The Romans had the right idea, 174 holidays a year, of course you could always trade forex. Wallace.

5. You are so one dimensional that you will never amount to anything. You haven't lost enough already, you want the markets open Monday.

Sorry to be so harsh, but your posts smack of someone so out of touch, and shallow.

Never mind.

6. Mecro

Mecro

Honestly after this week, I would not mind an extra day.

If volume and volatility are going to be down, might as well have as many days possible to trade.

Open up the market Saturday also

7. i remember this old trader saying that he welcomed vacations to spend the money he made.

8. gekko has no money ha! :-/

9. never mind is right.

stfu

i'm about as shallow as an abyss..

10. Absolutely. My family, friends, and I are going to hold a party to celebrate Mr. President Bush on that very President day. We also want to show our affection and admiration. He and his administration did a wonderful job to bring us out of the recession and create a new bull market. Good job, well done. We like you for another four years. Thank you. God bless America, you and us.

#10     Feb 13, 2004