Should traders have friends traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Fight Club, Apr 14, 2004.

1. I have found the opposite...I'm not looking for in depth strategy discussions every time I look at ET but there have been some very in depth strategy discussions that you could spend countless hours reviewing and looking at charts to see how you would apply them. :)

#21     Apr 15, 2004
  2. The same noobs will stop saying such stupid **** once they realize that you are making more $ than they are....just give them a chance to have the market kick their teeth in a few times while you are making money. The market has an amazing ability to dish out large doses of humility. :)

#22     Apr 15, 2004
  3. True friends are friends no matter what your profession is, trader or not. If someone chooses friends solely on their job or station in life then they lead a truly shallow existence.

#23     Apr 15, 2004
  4. Mecro

Mecro

Great idealistic view, unfortunately we do not live in a society where one can just go up to anyone on the street and spark up a friendly conversation. Your possible best friend or soulmate could be on the corner right now but neither of you will ever know because of the social barriers we as a society put up.

Hence people reach out for new friendships and relationships at work, the gym and hobby activities. Plus, traders seem to have a lot in common in general, especially their choice to work for oneself and low regard for corporate America. Also, I dunno bout most of you, but I actually like trading, even though I hate NYSE. Hence I like talking about the markets, the economy, individual companies and some investing. Most traders I know like the same. Not true for the very vast majority of corporate America slaves, they do not like to talk about work since they hate their job.

#24     Apr 15, 2004
  5. for tax purposes, a definitive yes.......theyre giving out 1/2 price dinners!!!!!!

grimer11:cool:

#25     Apr 15, 2004
  6. These are some strategies that i found to be good
    -NO_PM PLEASE STRATEGY on 5 min for SP big contract
    -Johny Rotten Journal:daytrading breakouts in ES 5min time frame
    and few other which i don't remember the names
    Can you give link to some of those strategies you refering to?

#26     Apr 15, 2004
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

and soon to be classic the volume thread from dbphoenix

#27     Apr 15, 2004
  8. cuz

cuz

And we know that to be true!

Right Partner??

#28     Apr 17, 2004
  9. cuz

cuz

Rethink that statement for a minute.
    There are people in your row that are frineds and people whoe are not.

And people that are loners and I think you can decifer it all!

#29     Apr 17, 2004
  10. Maybe it's the contrary : he find traders too arrogant that's why he want to avoid don't you think ? Look at this board...

#30     Apr 18, 2004