Should traders have friends traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Fight Club, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Just find it hard to talk to normal people lately. Not much in common...:D

2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think you need balance, but I often find my non trader friends look at me like I'm an alien when I talk about what I do...of course I find that with other traders too ;)

Brandon

3. Don't feel bad Brandon, I looked in the mirror this morning and saw an alien.

[​IMG]

4. Mecro

Mecro

I think it's the greed and fear that the other trader will steal your style. Traders that trade in a teamwork environment become very friendly with each other, go out and drink after work and so on. Traders that just sit side by side but do not really share ideas always have that barrier between them. Sad really.

5. It's because one is profitable and the other one isn't.
    If both are profitable, then it's much easier for them to
    exchange ideas. While Proving profitability to each other
    isn't difficult at all.

6. Nassim Taleb avoids traders and business professionals... does he have something, or is he simply arrogant?

7. nkhoi

nkhoi

but don't your club motto is 'don't tell any one..."

8. I believe in friendship. Sure not excluded traders, we need friends. Be my friend and I am at your service.

9. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

First, look at the words friend and foe then define them (for yourself). Second, look at the words normal and abnormal then define them (for yourself). Third, read your original thread and ask yourself the question again...aloud.

Personally, most of my "best" friends know "little" about trading. Not really a coincidence that we're still great friends.

I was told many years ago..."If you're taken from the earth, and leave one great friend behind, you have died as a very wealthy person."

Don't type....think.

10. depends on what type of trader you are.

this is a zero sum game after all, if you are systematic, then you should be really careful of your trader "friends".

but if u are discretionary, then it's not a big deal talking about your trading. you will just end up in a argument,that's all. no harm done. :)

fiecely independent people such as traders seldom agree on anything at all..

#10     Apr 15, 2004