Should the US be split into three countries?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Jul 28, 2011.

Is it time for the people of the US to divorce and split into three nations?

1. Yes. We are dysfunctional as we are.

22 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. No. This is the way to progress and this is just an impasse.

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. I don't know.

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. I don't care.

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. bone

bone

The US is already split into three countries: Canada, America, and Mexico.

#21     Jul 28, 2011
  2. #22     Jul 28, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Eventually all countries that are this big break up, because people seperate based on political/religious/linguistic beliefs. It is just a matter of time until North America is seperated into 6 or 7 countries. Look at something like the U.S.S.R, it wasnt a country, but it eventually collapsed because it was just to big, and it had to many different belief systems within it. Look at Europe, and look how different all the cultures/languages are inside a landmass the size of the U.S./Canada.

#23     Jul 28, 2011
  4. Larson

Larson Guest

I like this idea.

#24     Jul 28, 2011
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yep, conservative Southern California is tired of havings its pockets picked by Sacramento and San Fransisco. Time to split California since there is convenient geographical separation between libtards and conservatives already.

The rest of the country? I dunno, how to you separate the people without massive disruption of lifestyles and livelihoods?

#25     Jul 28, 2011
  6. +++1 Bearice

#26     Jul 28, 2011
  7. #27     Jul 29, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#28     Jul 29, 2011
  9. this machine called USA is super inefficient...we are faaked.

#29     Jul 29, 2011
  10. Crispy

Crispy

Sidenote - NY the only blue state on the list (I think) has 1,296,806 of them at number 9 dwarfing all the other 9 red states and leaving an excess of 254,060 after you subtract all the rest.

Fucking A! - 1.3mm parasites....:eek: Like a giant bed bug infestation in my state

------------------------------

I live in eastern suffolk county on the island and in the past there has been a movement to secede from NY and form our own state. We pay alot more in taxes to NY than we receive back in services and we have the population. NYS revenue would be toast without the east end....and id be 100% for it. Put up tolls to let those jerks into my state like I have to pay to cross thier bridges and tunnels. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peconic_County,_New_York

#30     Jul 29, 2011