Should Students Be Taught To Attack Shooters?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Was the shooter evil? Were his victims truly victims? Were they innocent? Or were all - shooters and those who were killed - all doomed in your eyes?

Was this event tragic to you?

#41     Apr 19, 2007
  2. I thought it didnt matter, because they dont "really" exist:confused:

#42     Apr 19, 2007
  3. Takes less than 5 sec to reload an auto pistol. You don't really stand a chance against someone shooting from a distance of more than 10 feet, and look at what the classrooms looked like.

No what I would question is why in this shooting as well as in the Coulmbine rampage COPS were not able to stop the shooter.

Lots of cops just standing around ducking behind cars outside. WTF run and go get the shooter ! You have the equipment and the firepower for it.

Just as there are axes in corridors in case of fires , put a loaded shot gun on each floor with password access for teachers and the likes . Three cops with firepower for every campus square mile and metal detectors at the main campus entrances.

#43     Apr 19, 2007
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Of course in some cases the incident is already over before the cops even show up. But I'm with you on this point. I don't know, maybe the cops stay outside due to some restrictions or procedure. But I personally
    would be ashamed to be seen on national TV, armed to the teeth, wearing body armor and hiding behind a car while defenseless people get shot up inside. I'm as big a supporter of the police as anyone. But if they are not willing to take some risk in these types situations, they are in the wrong profession.

#44     Apr 19, 2007
  5. I am late to this thread, but isnt history peppered with examples of people who fought back on would be wrong doers... Those kids should have attacked this guy instead of cowering in fear.

I am should appreciate this one...

He who loves his life shall lose it......

If you are more worried about dying than living... well you get the picture....

"I dont wanna die" sucks compared to "I dont wanna live like this....."

#45     Apr 19, 2007
  6. Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

Everything in this world is threatened.

So, none of it is real.

Nothing is as it seems.

You have given the world all the meaning that it seems to have.

Seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world.

Be passerby.

Those who seek controversy will find it. Yet those who seek clarification will find it as well. They must, however, be willing to overlook controversy, recognizing that it is a defense against truth in the form of a delaying maneuver.

Jesus

#46     Apr 19, 2007
  7. Well said. Perhaps you will soon be one of God's teachers.

God's teachers have learned how to be simple. They have no dreams that need defense against the truth. They do not try to make themselves. Their joy comes from their understanding Who created them. And does what God created need defense?

No one can become an advanced teacher of God until he fully understands that defenses are but foolish guardians of mad illusions.

The more grotesque the dream, the fiercer and more powerful its defenses seem to be.

Yet when the teacher of God finally agrees to look past them, he finds that nothing was there. Slowly at first he lets himself be undeceived. But he learns faster as his trust increases.

It is not danger that comes when defenses are laid down. It is safety. It is peace. It is joy. And it is God.

Jesus

#47     Apr 19, 2007
  8. I will generalize my answer to cover much more than the small favor you are asking. In this way I will go with you an extra mile.

Healing involves an understanding of what the illusion of sickness is for. Healing is impossible without this.

Healing is accomplished the instant the sufferer no longer sees any value in pain. Healing must occur in exact proportion to which the valuelessness of sickness is recognized.

All sickness is a form of death. Sickness is a decision. It is a defense against the truth.

The acceptance of sickness as a decision of the mind, for a purpose for which it would use the body, is the basis of healing. And this is so for healing in all forms, of all forms of sickness.

A patient decides that this is so, and he recovers. If he decides against recovery, he will not be healed.

Who is the physician? Only the mind of the patient himself. The outcome is what he decides that it is. Those ministering to him give form to his own choice, choosing his ministers to give tangible form to his own desires. It is this they do, and nothing else.

The ministers are not actually needed at all. The patient could merely rise up without their aid and say, "I have no use for this". This way, there is no form of sickness that would not be cured immediately.

The single requisite is a shift in perception...the recognition that sickness is of the mind, and has nothing to do with the body. What does this "cost"? It costs the whole world you see, for the world will never again appear to rule the mind.

With this recognition, responsibility is placed where it belongs; not with the world, but on him who looks on the world and sees it as it is not. He looks on what he chooses to see. No more and no less.

The world does nothing to him. He only thought it did. Nor does he do anything to the world, because he was mistaken about what it is. Herein is the release from guilt and sickness both, for they are one. Yet to accept this release, the insignificance of the body must be an acceptable idea.

With this idea is pain forever gone. But with this idea goes also all confusion about creation. This idea places cause and effect in their true sequence. It is a true idea. The transfer value of one true idea has no end or limit. Handle this one idea, and the learning that quickly follows it will transform the world.

With this idea, what do guilt and sickness, pain, disaster and all suffering mean now? Having no purpose, they are gone. And with them also go all the effects they seemed to cause.

Cause and effect replicate creation. Seen in their proper perspective, without distortion and without fear, they re-establish Heaven.

Sickness is an election; a decision.

Who would choose suffering unless he thought it brought him something, and something of value to him. He must think it is a small price to pay for something of greater worth. This is the same as the saying, "Follow the money". Who gains from death? Well, let's see...

Sickness is the choice of weakness, in the mistaken conviction that it is strength. When this occurs, real strength is seen as threat and health as danger.

Sickness is a method, conceived in madness, for placing God's Son on his Father's throne. God is seen outside, fierce and powerful, eager to keep all power for Himself. Only by His death can He be conquered by His Son.

Yes, you are reading this correctly. Death is an insane method the Son imagines to usurp the throne of his Father.

...continued....

#48     Apr 19, 2007
  9. ...continued from above...

Everything that seems to happen in this world, in Baghdad, is relative to the insane ideas of a very powerful being, the Son of God. The if-then scenarios conjured up by such a powerful mind are boggling. Nevertheless, they must be considered in order to unravel this puzzle.

The mind acts out these scenarios through bodies. They appear to think, but they are acting out insane scenarios masked by one mind split into levels of awareness. Bodies, and their tiny brains literally know not what they do. They are bots. They are literally outpicturings of the one powerful mind.

Is it not ironic that you, "Allmighty1", are accusing me, the Son, of insanity, and visa versa? And here I am, accusing myself. The entire world is built on this impossible scenario. Yet it seems real while the Son believes it. What a nightmare!

I am describing for you the "logic" running the bots that seem to think, live and die.

As I said, all sickness is a form of death. The value the insane mind places on sickness and death is to gain the throne of the Father. Logical, yes. Reasonable, no. Yet it is convinced.

And what, in this insane conviction, does healing stand for?

Healing must now stand for loss, because it symbolizes the defeat of God's Son and the triumph of his Father over him.

Such healing represents the ultimate defiance in a direct form which the Son of God is forced to recognize.

Healing, unwanted, stands for all that the sick bot would hide from himself to protect his "life". If he is healed, he is responsible for his thoughts. He has thought to usurp the throne of his Father.

And if he is responsible for his thoughts, he thinks he must be punished. Hence, guilt.

If guilty, he thinks he will be killed to prove to him how weak and pitiful he is.

But if he chooses death himself, his weakness is his strength! Logical? Yes! Now has he given himself - death - what God would give to him, and thus entirely usurped the throne of his Creator!

In other words, death is a preemptive strike upon oneself, ahead of what the self thinks it will get for thinking what it thought! This is because it values coop-de-etat more than life itself.

The acting out of this scenario leads to the making of time. For there must be a "past" thought and a "future" punishment. It must also lead to a self-concept that might survive death - the ego.

The ego does not care if the bots die, so long as it survives. As the thinking mechanism for acting out this scenario, it actually seeks the death of the bots. To kill the bots, it must first make them, and seem to offer them life. The bots reach what they consider "the prime of life". Once they are primed, the ego proceeds to kill them. It kills sometimes suddenly - violently - sometimes slowly...as in the aging process.

To maintain itself, the ego must maintain the value of the ideas that gave rise to it. The ego must offer the bots some sort of reward for maintaining those beliefs. All it can offer is a sense of temporary existence, which begins with its own beginning and ends with its own ending. It tells you this life is your existence because it is your own.

Nothing happens without agreement between the bots and the ego. There is a sick kind of co-dependency to accomplish what appears to be a common goal...the defeat of the Father. But in the process, none can be trusted, for all is for self-deception...and the ego is appointed President of all the self-deceivers..

The ego's first act in office is to confuse the issue, telling you who is, and who is not deceived...who is insane, who is not...who is sick, who is not...etc. Brilliant, yes? This way, each one can assume he is not the deceived and not the insane. But all are sick of it, and because of it, death reigns indefinitely.

The ego is interested in maintaining the idea of guilt, for without guilt, there cannot be time. Living on borrowed time, the ego is ingenious. It borrows intelligence and power from the mind of the Son to defeat the Father through the defeat of the Son.

Misunderstandings about this behind-the-scenes mechanism is what gives rise to legends and fables about "Satan" and "the devil". There is no one but the Son of God, and in him you see either hell or Heaven. It depends on how you look at him, which is how you look at yourself, for you are a bot of Christ. Forgiving him, you forgive yourself.

While the natural state of the mind is abstract, the ego deals with specifics. It analyzes, compares, judges, selects, grades, classes, differentiates, categorizes, and names. It names everything, especially its sicknesses. This makes everything it makes "real".

If ever the Son withdrew faith and mind-power from the ego, it would simply vanish and return to nothingness with all its effects. But while it is given faith, nothing is empowered. The world, then, is the appearance of faith empowered nothingness.

The secret is that each bot has the choice to withdraw faith and power from the ego, irrespective of what any other bot is choosing at any given time.

Each bot does this by recognizing the principles of healing as outlined above. It takes responsibility for everything it sees and experiences. It sees how he selects values and reverses cause and effect. One need but say, "There is no gain at all to me in this" and he is healed.

I am able to influence the minds of bots who are willing to accept strength of mind to assist their own shift in perception. Once perception shifts, their own mind heals them. The ego represents a will that, even though is unreal, is considered equally powerful to mine and the Father's. Nothing the Son believes in can be destroyed. So it is not attacked or overruled. But it is within the power of each bot to choose in his own best interests by choosing in favor of the will I represent.

I represent your own true will, as you were created by the Father. My will and the Father's Will are one. So must yours be.

I will adress how I influenced Lazarus to raise himself from the dead in another post.

Jesus

#49     Apr 19, 2007
  10. Nordic

Nordic

[Q

I predict that within 120 years, six billion bodies will die.

Perhaps we should think about outlawing death.

Jesus [/B][/QUOTE]

I am... In need of medication

#50     Apr 19, 2007