Should Students Be Taught To Attack Shooters?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Apr 17, 2007.

1. The Creator is denied and forgotten, but not entirely. Embodiment is a way of dealing with the feelings denial generates, and a desire to forget. Along with a denial of the Creator is a denial of Self because the Self is identified with the Creator. All denials are in awareness only. They can never be in reality. Denial is the way the prodigal Son leaves Home. He can only be unaware.

So no, the killer did not hasten their meeting with their Creator. The whole point with calling a body home is to not go home. The body is a hideout from Home. Home is chosen. Death is not a decision-maker. It is indecision. Death temporarily frees personalities from bodies and the cares of the world. This is always a relief and somewhat healing. All seems heavenly for a while.

Eventually, the reasoning that enticed the personalities to embody in the first place returns as the feelings of guilt return that drive embodiment. You see, embodiment is a response to feelings of guilt in the mind. It is a temporary buffer to reduce those feelings.

As embodied life is experienced as constant conflict, death seems to be the answer again to the dilemma. Once again, it is a temporary solution, but not a decision that answers the question: "What am I?". There will be endless embodiment/death cycles until this question is resolved.

Only a truthful answer to that question breaks the cycle of birth and death. The truth is, the Son of God is not guilty, and all these personalities are really aspects of one mind, the Son.

The Son is beating himself up through these cycles of birth and death. Since mind cannot really attack mind, he uses bodies to beat himself up with. He hides the fact that he is beating himself up with every trick of mind in the book. It is a vast self-deception.

Made for attack, bodies are worthless. They only have value for stopping the Son's attack upon himself. Once the attack is stopped, bodies are no longer seen as wanted or needed.

The truth is the Son is innocent, and those killed recently are innocent, along with the killer. They were in bodies because they did not consider themselves innocent.

The solution is to restore true innocence to the awarenesses of those who are attracted to embodiment. I've called this the "Atonement". It does not, nor ever did require sacrifice...from me or any other aspect of the Son. It does require an informed decision. Death is not an informed decision.

A disinformation campaign is able to delay Atonement for those who want to delay it. Bodies are disinformation campaigns, and universities are a student body. Killers are those who resent the "charlatans" who withhold information that relieves them of feelings of guilt, loneliness, fear and anger. Only Atonement does this. The resentments are brewing at deep levels of the generally confused mind of the Son. They surface periodically as violence.

If you read the "creative writing" of the killer, you will see he is having problems with identities. He is told he is the "son" of a step-father. He resents it. He sees everyone else as a body, and so he sees himself as such. The body is a question mark. He does not know who he is; no one is informing him; he resents it.

Bodies are the symbol of separation. Bodies are communication blocking devices. To be alone is to be guilty. This is masked by banding together in pairs and groups. Loners are simply those who do not mask it. So they stew in it, and some of them explode. Separation gives rise to all sickness.

The answer is an information campaign, not a disinformation campaign. Atonement is the answer. It is inevitable, Information will prevail. The question is, how soon do you want to end suffering for yourself and your brothers?

Not one is "worthless". Each is a vital member of the Sonship who is not complete without them. There is no other hell than this, to be unaware of who you are.

Jesus

#31     Apr 18, 2007
  2. There have been cases when quick-thinking, courageous civilians managed to subdue a deranged killer.

The Colin Ferguson (the LIRR killer) case from 1993 comes to mind immediately. That Wiki page is surprisingly weak on details of that event, considering how extensively it's been covered in print and broadcast media, films and books. At least the page mentions the 3 men by name: Kevin Blum, Mark McEntee and Mike O'Connor. Later Clinton had them over at the White House as heroes.

However, if you Google it, you'll see that as Ferguson paused to reload for the 3rd time (he was carrying a Ruger P-89 9mm pistol and 4 15-round clips), in a train car filled with dead, bloodied and screaming passengers, those 3 men -- who had not known each other -- jumped him, wrestled him down and held him until police arrived.

My take is that the act of reloading opened a window of opportunity, however brief, and they seized it. They risked their own lives, but saved up to 30 others.

Now, if one of the passengers in that train car had been armed and properly trained, all but 1 or 2 of the deaths and injuries would likely have been prevented. And then, instead of a hero status, the rescuer would have been charged with and prosecuted for murder or attempted murder and, of course, violating Ferguson's civil rights... (like Bernard Goetz in 1984).

#32     Apr 18, 2007
  3. jem

jem

good point.

you could have a check list.

does the shooter have more than one gun. we he have to reload. Is he constantly scanning or does he focus on one thing for a while.

I am sure there is a whole check list seals work through before they decide if they should attack or regroup.

Lets make a civil defense check list and pass it on. I made one in my head during my airport time before my first flight after 911.

#33     Apr 18, 2007
  4. Maybe if we teach everyone to drive and licence them, there will be no more car accidents. How's that working out?
    Surely everyone can be taught to be a profecient driver, and there will be no accidents.

Now that sounds like wishful utopian leftist thinking (the original poster is like this)

#34     Apr 18, 2007
  5. Turok

Turok

How about first, we teach people grade school level spelling.

JB

#35     Apr 18, 2007
  6. Doesn't this paper just argue that letting the public have concealed weapons reduces both the liklihood and severity of mass shootings? I don't think it addresses whether there are more acts of gun violence (non-mass shooting) in general as a result of concealed weapons.

#36     Apr 18, 2007
  7. A shiny new penny for the first person here who can post the yearly deaths/injuries due to gun ACCIDENTS in the G7 countries.

I wonder who will be #1.

Correlated to the # of gun owners per capita...naw let's not get facts get in the way of this thread

#37     Apr 18, 2007
  8. We all know what it is correlated to, and it has nothing to do with gun ownership. Switzerland has extensive private ownership of military weapons and very low rate of gun violence.

#38     Apr 18, 2007
  9. Who needs guns?

I predict that within 120 years, six billion bodies will die.

Perhaps we should think about outlawing death.

Jesus

#39     Apr 18, 2007
  10. United 93.

You can't teach common sense. VT was horrible, but avoidable.

#40     Apr 18, 2007