Should Republican Candidates Boycott Debate?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 5, 2007.

1. #11     Oct 5, 2007
  2. Again, I'm not democrat, but does anyone really think this definition only applies to democrats? That would be pretty hard to prove to about 70% of the U.S. who feel that way about Mr. Bush and his cronies.

Both sides, sure, but pointing a finger via a glass house full of rocks, just looks ridiculous.

Somebody help stop each other from playing puppets for both extremes, this is the real problem with our current political agendas. The separation of U.S. like a bunch of drunken Hatfield and McCoy rednecks in a bar fight, we're better than that.

Or, at least I still have hope that we are.

c

#12     Oct 5, 2007
  3. Don't the real issues matter to all Americans? Whether moonbat or neocon, we all need to face the real problems wih U.S.

I would rather see heated debate than preaching to the choir with softball, custom tailored questioning, IMO.

c

#13     Oct 5, 2007
  4. Of course it doesn't apply ONLY to Democrats. But I definitely believe they're worse.

My point was, only Democrats stoop as low as to avoid a debate when they don't like the interviewers. I seriously doubt that they have any real limits as to how far they'll go to remain in power.

And like my other post states, real conservatives aren't happy with Bush either.

#14     Oct 5, 2007
  5. A counterpoint to asking softball questions is that Reps and Dems get to answer the questions that they WANT to answer in order to highlight the differences between Dem/Rep politics.

But they shouldn't duck opposing q's either as this would also highlight the diffs that they didn't want to answer.

There's a definite difference between how the 2 parties handle that last point, isn't there...

#15     Oct 5, 2007
  6. It's funny because I feel the same way as you may…I feel that the Republicans left me. I grew up a Reagan Republican…. I still have never voted for anything else for president other than a Republican. But there is very little of that era still left today.

It's my belief that most people do not know and have never known the true meaning between the two terms Liberal and Conservative. . The terms have been so bastardized by the media and their parties on both sides that the confusion of which is profound and axiomatic.

True conservatives don't initiate and prosecute foreign wars. Liberals do that. True conservative don’t support the concept of “Nation Building.” Clinton did….Bush does.
    True conservatives don't propose and legislate into existence massive new entitlements. Liberals do that. True conservative don’t stick their face in the middle of the private business of others such Terri Shaivo. Liberals do that. True conservatives don’t expand the Federal budget by 230%. Liberals do that. True conservatives don’t increase the Federal Register. Liberals do that.

Hell I could on and on and on all day long….but the point is that most of those who recently claim the conservative mantel …aren’t really that at all. They are in fact Liberals. Bush is two-bit liberal. And those that support him and call themselves conservative are in fact actually liberal or they are ignorant of history or they are willingly dishonest.

#16     Oct 5, 2007

7. And so begins the decline of another great empire. The US needs another Andrew Jackson. A president who can talk down to the intellectual level of dimwits like AAA.

No not Bush, he's a minion for the bankers, I meant Andrew Jackson.

#17     Oct 5, 2007
  8. #18     Oct 5, 2007
  9. Yup....

#19     Oct 6, 2007