Should people with high quality DNA become sperm donors instead of starting families?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ghost of Cutten, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Well I don't want to get married, except if it's necessary for visa purposes. And I would never be a 'kept man', as it would be emasculating and alter the power balance in a relationship against me.

Also, why the hate for reproducing? Do you hate people who get married and have kids? My scheme is no different except it would be more successful in evolutionary terms due to the higher number of offspring and the benefits to childless couples.

#21     Mar 20, 2011
  2. You're assuming I, and whoever I have a kid with naturally, would be a good parent. Given my own complete lack of paternal instincts, and extreme desire for independence and freedom, I doubt I would be happy or skilled at bringing up a child. And most of the women i find sexually interesting tend to be reckless, impulsive, and use narcotics regularly - not exactly good traits for child-rearing.

Values would be better passed on by the surrogate parents, in my opinion, most of whom are respectable and hard-working members of society. The average couple is probably going to provide a better family environment than myself and some coke-snorting wild child or feckless lingerie model.

If I want to pass on values, I can write a book. If people like Mohammed or Rush Limbaugh can influence millions people with total bullshit, a concerted effort by myself should be able to influence more people than the 1-10 kids I could influence as a parent.

I can't guarantee my DNA will help the resulting kids have a better life than the next person's. However, it should tilt the odds a bit in their favour.

#22     Mar 20, 2011
  3. jem

jem

I was single for about 35 years. I never really cared about kids. My choice in women was a more conservative, but my biggest desire was the freedom to chase a zone... whether it be surfing, boarding, other sports. I doubt we could have been much different in the desire for independence.

Now that I have them, I could not think of more rewarding or more productive activity than raising my children and occasionally coaching and instructing other kids.

Watching kids grow and learn and think is fascinating.
    Finding the time and the ways to impart wisdom is just about the most interesting thing I have come across.

Once you have them, if you care about your DNA, you would think twice before you donated to a stranger. They are too cool to waste.

My point, is that you might see yourself change when you see your own DNA growing up.

#23     Mar 20, 2011

4. Ok, so how exactly does one seduce and impregnate woman with the good moral values you mentioned in your original post? Non sequitur? I take it you do not mean religious moral values.

#24     Mar 21, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Thought this thread was dead but it's not, so I have a another chance to mention that spanking it into a tissue is NOT a sperm donation.

#25     Mar 21, 2011

6. Are you kidding? This thread was stillborn.

At least now it has "some" zombie-like qualities.

#26     Mar 22, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Getting a little "assistance" from the nurse are we?
    :)

#27     Mar 22, 2011